Tuesday 6 October 2015

Tuesday Teasers 6th October 2015

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros is hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea where bloggers share the first paragraph or two of the book they are currently reading/thinking about reading soon. Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
 Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Ann:
The Hollow Boy (Lockwood & Co., #3)
Tuesday Intro
"I think it was only at the very end of the Lavender Lodge job, when we were fighting for our lives in that unholy guest-house that I glimpsed Lockwood & Co. working together perfectly for the first time. It was just the briefest flash, but every detail remains etched into my memory: those moments of sweet precision when we truly acted as a team." 
Teaser Tuesday 
"My skin crawled. I couldn't take my eyes off the smiling apparition in the chair." 
I love the Lockwood books and these quotes represent the book perfectly. It has a lot of energetic fight scenes but is also kind of funny in some places. I really like this intro because I love how it jumps straight into the action which I really like. 

Clare:
The Cure for Dreaming
Tuesday Intro:
"The Metropolitan Theater simmered with the heat of more than a thousand bodies packed together in red velvet chairs. My nose itched from the lingering scent of cigarette smoke wafting off the gentleman's coats - a burning odor that added to the sensation that we were all seated inside a beautiful oven, waiting to be broiled. Even the cloud of warring perfumes hanging over the audience smelled overcooked, like toast gone crisp and black."
 Teaser Tuesday:
"Come along. Let's get out of here and go toast to youth and vampires and rebellion."
I love how great Cat Winters is at setting a scene, I almost feel hot after reading that opening! It also sounds so beautiful yet distasteful which is a great combination. And that teaser is just a brilliant quote I think. 

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

16 comments:

  1. I love the opening to The Cure for Dreaming, it instantly transported me to the theatre. Here is my Tuesday post https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/10/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-october-6/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did the exact same to me, Cat Winters is so good at making you feel like everything she writes is real and I love that! Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  2. The Hollow Boy didn't grab me at all, but The Cure For Dreaming sure did. Beautiful writing, so descriptive. I could keep going with that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat Winters does write beautifully, thanks for visiting

      Delete
  3. I like the intro, but the cover makes me pretty sure this isn't for me :( hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are both enjoying our reads! Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  4. I prefer The Cure For Dreaming intro (love the cover, too!), but the teaser makes me think it's not my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There aren't any actual vampires in the book, it's mostly a reference to Dracula which is the main characters favourite book! Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  5. Both sound so suspenseful! I probably wouldn't have picked up either book, but now I'm curious. Here's mine: “THE LAKE HOUSE”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should think about reading them. Thanks for Visiting!

      Delete
  6. The Cure for Dreaming sounds interesting; hope you all enjoy these selections!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have now finished it and I absolutely loved it! Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  7. I do like the look of the hollow boy. I like ghost books :)
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hollow boy is amazing! I am loving it, You should read it! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. I am looking forward to reading The Uninvited by Cat Winters, and you've reminded me why sharing Clare's opening and teaser for The Cure for Dreaming. I love the author's writing style.

    I can definitely see the appeal of Ann's selection of Stroud's book. The Lockwood books sound like so much fun.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Uninvited was my favourite book of September (along with Six of Crows) and I definitely recommend it! Cat Winters has such a great writing style I agree! Thanks for visiting

      Delete