Wednesday 7 October 2015

Top 5 Graphic Novels

Top 5 Wednesdays are hosted by Ginger Reads Lainey and you can find the goodreads page here

1) Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
Nimona
Until recently I had never read a graphic novel. I wanted to but none of my local shops really stock them and the ones on Amazon tend towards being more expensive than I can justify. And then Nimona happened - I had to have it, and when it arrived I devoured it. I am kind of in love with Nimona. Since this is, at the moment, the only graphic novel either Ann or I have read (Ann is currently halfway through reading it), the rest of this list is more of a "graphic novels we want to read" list.

2) Rat Queens by Kurtis J. Wiebe
Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery (Rat Queens Vol. 1: 1-5)
This just sounds so interesting to me. I have seen a lot of enthusiastic reviews (and a couple of less enthusiastic) but it definitely seems like something I would enjoy.

3) Saga by Brian K. Vaughan
Saga, Volume 1
I honestly have not seen one bad review for this. Everyone I know who has read it, loved it and that makes me really keen to read it as well!

4) Username: Evie by Joe Sugg
Username: Evie
Ann: I am being given this book by my Nan and Grandad for Christmas and cannot wait to read it. It was in my room for one night before I gave it to them and I had to fight the urge to read it.

5) Pretty Deadly by Kelly Sue DeConnick
Pretty Deadly, Vol. 1: The Shrike
I actually haven't really seen any reviews for this but the concept intrigues me and I really like the cover art (a good sign in a graphic novel I would hope) so I am keen to read it.

There are so many graphic novels that really appeal to me at the moment and it's definitely a genre I want to get more into so if you have any recommendations please let me know! 


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

6 comments:

  1. Rat Queens is amazing, one of my favourites!

    I actually wasn't overwhelmed by Saga enough to buy the second volume, but I know a lot of people who do love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to read Rat Queens soon because it just sounds so amazing! I have seen a lot of good reviews for Saga as well, so hopefully I will like it. Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  2. I love Saga. A friend of mine read the first volume recently and said she hated it. For a few seconds I really thought about defriending her (just kidding) ^^ Nimona and Rat Queens are on my wishlist, and Pretty Deadly looks pretty beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when people read the books I love and say they hate it! Pretty Deadly does look pretty beautiful and I really want to read it! Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  3. I've been told to read Saga, like ASAP! I have a copy of Rat Queens and will get to it...eventually! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see Saga everywhere and so many people seem so enthusiastic about it! I haven't seen many reviews of Rat Queens but the ones I have seen have been positive - I look forward to seeing what you think of it... eventually :) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete