Wednesday 28 October 2015

Top 5 Halloween Recommendations

Top 5 Wednesdays are hosted by Ginger Reads Lainey and you can find the goodreads page here. Because neither of us usually read creepy or scary books, with the possible exception of a few ghost books (which we actually did a post on yesterday) we decided to do our Top 5 Halloween reads for this week instead.

The Splendour Falls
1) The Splendour Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore
Ann: I am very excited to read this because I read Texas Gothic recently and really loved it. I am hoping this will be as good.

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
2) The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
Ann: It sounds like a very creepy book and I am excited to read it. 

Delia's Shadow (Delia Martin, #1)
3) Delia's Shadow by Jaime Lee Moyer
Clare: I am actually just about to start this one. The cover is definitely creepy and I like the sound of it a lot. Ghost novels always seem to by my favourites.

This Monstrous Thing
4) This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee
Clare: This is a Frankenstein retelling I think and I have heard so many good things about it. I am really excited to read this after Delia's Shadow.

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)
5) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Clare: I have actually had this on my Halloween TBR for about three straight years but I am determined to read it this year. I have heard nothing but good things and I love the idea of all the photographs throughout so I definitely have high hopes.

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

8 comments:

  1. Ooohh Delia's Shadow sounds intriguing! And that cover is ominous, like you can tell there is something dark about her XD Great choices!

    Joan @ Fiddler Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished reading it and it was so much darker than I had expected! I completely expected creepiness and ghosts I did not expect terrifying serial killers! Not sleeping tonight!

      Delete
  2. This Monstrous Thing sounds pretty good! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so :) I am planning to read it next so hopefully I will like it!

      Delete
  3. Great choices! I've only read Miss Peregrine's and it was an okay read to me but the pictures are creepy. I'm going to check some of these out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to Miss Peregrine, I have heard mostly good things but a couple of people, like you, thought it was just okay so fingers crossed I enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. I love the sound of Delia's Shadow I'm going to have to check it out!
    In the summer I tried to read the coldest girl in cold town and just couldn't get into it. I would love to hear your thoughts on it, when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably be doing a review of it when I get around to reading it. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete