Friday 23 October 2015

Friday Reads 23rd October 2015

Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice, the idea is to grab a book, turn to page 56 (or 56% in an e-book) and find any sentence (no spoilers!) and then post it. Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence and impressions about the book.

Ann:
Little Women (Little Women, #1)Girl Online On Tour (Girl Online, #2)The Splendour Falls
I am still reading Little Women although I hope to finish it this weekend, I am also currently reading Girl Online On Tour by Zoe Sugg which I am loving and which I will probably be finishing today. When I have finished it I will be moving on to The Splendour Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore

Book Beginnings & Friday 56
Girl Online On Tour (Girl Online, #2)
"How to Survive a Long-distance Relationship When Your Boyfriend is a Super-hot Rock God1. Download Skype, WhatsApp, Snapchat and basically every communication app you can find. Stay up all night in your panda onesie, chatting with your boyfriend until your eyelids start twitching and you absolutely have to go to sleep." - Page 1
"She looks genuinely worried about me." - Page 56 

Clare:
Life and Death: Twilight ReimaginedBinge Signed EditionWorld After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
I have just started Life and Death by Stephenie Meyer and so far - not loving it. My problem at the moment seems to be that there are parts that just aren't different enough and then some where the changes just make me laugh. She does seem to have edited out some sentences and events that weren't really necessary so that's good. And I know that the ending is drastically different so I look forward to that. I am also reading Binge by Tyler Oakley which I am trying (ironically) to not binge on and to just savour it. I am loving it so far. After Life and Death I will be trying to read more Halloween-y books. I was meant to be doing that all this month but I got sidetracked. So I will be reading World After and probably the final book End of Days this weekend.

Book Beginnings & Friday 56
World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
"Everyone thinks I'm dead." - Page 1
""That's a lie," says Dee. "no one would blow up their entire country in the hope that a few angels might be in the air when you did it. It's just not responsible nuke behavior." - Page 56 
These quotes make me very excited to start reading! The first one is so dramatic and it picks up right from where book 1 left off which made it so much easier for me (years after having read it) to remember what happened.

The second quote comes from what looks like quite an amusing conversation and I look forward to that part of the book. As I remember, Angelfall was quite dark so it's always good to have some sort of comic relief.

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading 

20 comments:

  1. Great post!

    Here's my Book Beginnings post for this week: https://rathertoofondofbooks.wordpress.com/2015/10/23/book-beginnings-23-october/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at the expression that it's "not responsible nuke behavior."

    I'm also curious about Girl Online on Tour. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed at that bit too! And I know Ann is loving Girl Online On Tour! Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  3. All these books sounds interesting. Of course, I've read Little Women but that was years ago. Time to read it again!
    My Friday post features The Paragraph Ranch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have now finished it and it was brilliant!!! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Interesting assortment of books. I am spotlighting Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Penryn & the End of Days series, so much fun! Hope you two have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first book so I am definitely excited to read the next two! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. I like the beginning and 56 for both books - Girl Online on Tour sounds like a fun book and World After sounds interesting - will have to look up the series. Great post for this week. Here's my Book Beginnings & 56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked book 1 and the sequels definitely look promising! Ann is enjoying Girl Online On Tour a lot! Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  7. Aah, Susan Ee strikes again! I have to go get this book!

    Here's my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/10/23/the-friday-56-83-guarded-a-silverton-chronicles-novel/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked Angelfall and I have heard nothing but good about the sequels! Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  8. Both books look fun for different reasons. Hope you've had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a great weekend too! Thanks for visting

      Delete
  9. I loved World After and I hope you do too!

    I have no idea who this Tyler Oakley is aside from hearing that he's a youtube star...

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings), Halloween Giveaway, and Music Monday: Brick + Mortar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann is probably more into youtube than I am but yeah, he is a youtube star, very funny and inspirational. I am really enjoying his book so far! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete