Monday 12 October 2015

Dessert Book Tag

I was tagged by Gina at A Thousand Books to do the Dessert Book Tag, which is great because it's a tag that greatly appeals to me since, you know, I love dessert and I love books! It was also fairly perfect since I was ill last week and didn't really get it together enough to write a review for today like I normally would. Gina's answers were all so great and you can find her post here!

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens AgendaBrownies: A Book that has sweetness written all over it

For whatever reason, I don't often read "sweet" books but the first book that came to mind for me was Simon vs The Homo-Sapiens Agenda because I just loved it and it left me with such a sweet happy gooey feeling! Which is pretty much what Brownies do to me as well.






The UninvitedLava Cake: A Book that surprised you

The most recent book to surprise me was The Uninvited by Cat Winters, it's possible the plot twist was really obvious but I never saw it coming and I had to pause reading for a while to just re-evaluate everything! 






Tempest (Tempest, #1)Ice Cream: A Book that made your head hurt

Basically all time travel books but specifically Tempest by Julie Cross. At the end of the book he changes time in a certain way but what he changes would mean the beginning of the book never happened - which would mean he never went back in time to change things, which means time didn't change which means the thing did happen. It gets confusing. I hate time travel.




Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)S'Mores: A Book that had a lot of layers to it

I am going with Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo for this one. Not only were there quite a few POV's but there were so many twists and I never really knew what each character was up to until after they'd done it, there was so much going on and it was wonderful.






Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)Cookies: A Book that made you fall in love with reading

The first book I ever properly read was Alice in Wonderland but the first time I ever really fangirled over a book - when I started to love books the way I love them now - was probably Harry Potter. As cliche as that is.






Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd HerdCheesecake: A Book that had that sour-ish tang for you

I decided to go for Geektastic for this one which is actually an anthology of stories. Some of the stories were good but the majority were sort of meh and there was one that I just found completely offensive - the main character did something entirely unforgivable and it was shown as a great thing which just ruined the whole anthology for me. That sounded over-dramatic I know, but really it was awful.





I had a lot of fun doing this tag, I am terrible at tagging people because I always just want to tag everyone so... I tag everyone! If you're reading this and you think it looks like fun please give it a go and leave a link down below so I can check out your answers!


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

2 comments:

  1. YAY! These are such great answers! So happy you did this :-)

    Gina

    ReplyDelete