Tuesday 6 October 2015

Top Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit/Have Quit

Top Ten Tuesdays is an original feature created by The Broke and The Bookish and you can find their page here


Clare:

1) The Delirium Series by Lauren Oliver
I just, can't. I have had this series on my shelf for so, so long and I kind of liked the first one but I just don't feel interested enough to complete the series. I know Ann loves this series so sorry Ann!

2) Buying Books and Not Reading Them
I have the worst habit of buying books that I think I'll be interested in soon because they're cheap. I have sworn off that now and am only getting books if I know I will read them within that month. I have a big enough TBR as it is without adding to it with books I won't read for years (just look at the Delirium series!)

3) The Shiver Series by Maggie Stiefvater
I really like Maggie Stiefvater's writing and all her more recent books have been great but I just can't seem to care about this series. Book 1 had a fairly complete, non-cliffhanger ending so I don't feel too bad about abandoning it!

4) Hanging On To Books I Don't Want
I am a book collector, I have a hideous number of books and I always seem to keep books I didn't like. So in future I am only keeping books I gave 4 stars or more to OR books 3 or 3.5 stars if it's a series I will definitely be continuing! I have to be tougher!

5) Worrying About Book Recommendations
When I love a book I recommend it/lend it to everyone. And then if they don't like it I get upset - which is ridiculous. My Mum has completely different tastes to me, I can't expect her to enjoy the same things as me! I need to recommend and then let go!

Ann:

6) Timebound by Rysa Walker
I have decided to give this book a break for a bit because it is just hurting my brain reading time travel and I am finding it difficult so I will probably read this at a later stage.

7) The Knife of Never Letting Go
I started reading this and I just couldn't get to the end of it. So like Timebound I will probably read it at a later stage.

8) Reading all the same genre
I keep telling myself that I will try to read a different genre to the ones that I read but I never get around to it.

9) Reading lots of books all at the same time.
I am currently reading about 4 books so can't focus on one book at I  time. I would really like to be able to just read 1 or 2 books at a time.

10) Rereading books instead of reading new ones.
Sometimes I just reread books and don't start new ones. When I know that I should be reading new ones and working through my TBR.

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

10 comments:

  1. My tbr is big enough too that I shouldn't keep buying books, but I can't help myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying so hard to cut down my TBR and not buy books but there are just so many books I want to read! Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  2. I can relate to so many of these. I absolutely buy books because they're cheap, I hang on to books I dislike (I actually have them in a pile on my floor with the intention of getting rid of them), I fear people won't like books I recommend and I read all the same genre too often that I end up getting completely worn out of the genre. Yikes.

    Here is my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it's not just us then! Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  3. I am guilty of a lot of these! Especially re-reading when I should be reading new stuff I have bought! And I am horrible about hanging on to stuff I know I will either never read, or really hated! It's just too hard to part with books :p

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to be so tough on my books at the moment - if I don't like a book I am making myself get rid of it but it's so difficult - especially when its a pretty book! Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  4. This is the second time I've seen the knife of letting go on the chopping block... I'm currently reading it

    Here's my list that’s full of supernatural gifs ... 10 Reasons why I've stopped lending out books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that I would like it after reading the blurb but once I started reading it I just didn't like it very much so gave up on it. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. #2 is a problem I have as well!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/10/06/top-ten-tuesday-25/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always seems like such a good bargain at the time but then later when the books sat on the shelf unread for over a year it starts to become silly! Thanks for visiting

      Delete