Saturday 10 October 2015

Ann Reviews: Pathfinder by Angie Sage

PathFinder (TodHunter Moon, #1)
Title: Pathfinder
Author: Angie Sage
Series: Todhunter Moon #1
Pages: 369
Format: Paperback
Rating: 4/5
Blurb: Alice TodHunter Moon has always known there is Magyk in the world. But it is only after her best friend, Ferdie, is snatched away by hideous creature that Tod leaves her Pathfinder village behind and follows the Magykal path laid out before her.
Tod soon finds having Magyk is not enough. In order to stop an evil sorcerer and to save everyone she loves. Tod must discover her unique talent - the Pathfinder within.
Only then can she succeed.
Only then can Tod's Magyk grow.


One of the main reasons why I was excited to read Pathfinder was because I was hoping that some of the characters from her Septimus Heap series would be in it. I was very happy when I got to find out what happened to the characters after the last book in the series. I also liked the main character Alice TodHunter Moon. I felt like I could relate to her because all she wanted to do was to be reunited with her Dad and she did everything that she could to save him, That is what I would do.

I personally believed that the ending was a bit obvious. As soon as something was mentioned in the beginning of the book, I could tell that the ending was already being set up and it was just a bit disappointing after reading her Septimus Heap series because it was a lot harder to tell what was going to happen next in that series.

The world building was amazing. I have always loved the place where this is set because I think that it would be so much fun to live there with all the magyk and the dragons. I felt like I was actually there and it was easy to immerse myself in the book.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and would highly recommend it. Especially if you have read her Septimus Heap series and want to find out what happens to the characters afterwards. I was really excited to read this as I really loved Angie Sage's other series. Although it wasn't as good as her Septimus Heap series I still really enjoyed it and cannot wait to read the second book when it comes out.


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

No comments:

Post a Comment