Wednesday 21 October 2015

Top 5 Authors I Discovered This Year

Top 5 Wednesdays are hosted by Ginger Reads Lainey and you can find the goodreads page here

1) Cat Winters
The Uninvited
I recently read and loved The Uninvited and very soon afterwards I got copies of The Cure For Dreaming and In the Shadow of Blackbirds both of which I loved just as much! Definitely a new favourite.

2) Simone St. James
The Other Side of Midnight
After reading The Other Side of Midnight I raced to get the rest of her books which I loved just as much if not even more. I can hardly wait for her next book!

3) Sarah MacLean
9 Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake
I read a lot of regency romance but her books are the whole package, funny, romantic, well written. I am so impressed by how good her books are and I look forward to her next one.

4) Rick Riordan
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
Somehow, I had never read anything by Rick Riordan until this year! Ridiculous isn't it? I have now read everything by Rick Riordan and I impatiently await his next book!

5) Patrick Ness
The Rest of Us Just Live Here
I didn't love The Knife of Never Letting Go (although I did like it) but The Rest of Us Just Live Here and More Than This blew me away. So. Good.


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

4 comments:

  1. Great choices! I love Patrick Ness! I really need to read Rick Riordan, I haven't read anything of his yet!

    Here's my T5W post: http://sarahschapter.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/t5w-authors-ive-discovered-this-year.html

    Sarah x
    Sarah's Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother loved the Percy Jackson series and we almost never like the same books so I just figured I wouldn't like it but I finally caved this year and loved it! Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  2. Well I'm glad you read Riordan's book and enjoyed it. I love them too. I read The Rest of Us Just Live Here as my first Ness book but didn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped.
    (Zezee from Zezee with Books)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy The Rest of Us Just Live Here as much. I think it is one of those books where you either really like it or just feel kind of meh about it! I am glad you enjoy Riordan's books too! I can't believe it took me this long to read them! Thanks for visiting

      Delete