Friday 10 March 2017

Friday Reads 10th March 2017

Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice and Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader. The idea is to share a sentence or so from the first page and the 56th page of the book you are currently reading!

Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1)
Book Beginning:
"I hate having to dress like a man."

Friday 56:
"Even a man who's spent his whole life at sea has reason to fear her when she's angry. But not I. I sleep soundly. Listening to her music. The sea watches over me.She protects her own."
I haven't even started this book yet (Ann just pulled it out of my TBR jar) but I am so excited! I like the first sentence because it makes me think that maybe we will be getting that oh so elusive female character who is badass but still likes fashion? Cause I love clothes. And I just love the whole of the 56 (yes I cheated and took a whole paragraph instead of a sentence) but it's such a good paragraph! I am a sucker for anything to do with pirates in general so my hopes for this are pretty high! 

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.

28 comments:

  1. Eeep, I adore this book! Thanks for sharing this lovely snippet :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that 56, it sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing cover, title, and first sentence. I like the 56, too. I want to get to know this character better!
    My Friday post features Blueprints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was an amazing character! Definitely one of my favourites this year!

      Delete
  4. I'm really looking forward to this one! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! Hope you get to read it soon!

      Delete
  5. This sounds fantastic. Thanks for mentioning it. I'm going to add this one to my goodreads TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I love a good pirate book! Adding it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks good. Thanks for sharing.
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2017/03/friday-memes-book-beginnings-and-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a fan of stories about pirates, but I hope you'll enjoy it! I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsCCAAC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pirate stories so I was pretty much guaranteed to enjoy it!

      Delete
  9. I hope you enjoy this one. I've been debating about adding it to my TBR mountain. I have a YA fantasy this week - Hunted by Meghan Spooner. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it - I really enjoyed this! Hunted is one of my most anticipated books this year!

      Delete
  10. That first sentence grabbed me, too, although maybe for another reason. Sounds like a fun premise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Such an interesting main character and an exciting plot!

      Delete
  11. What a gorgeous cover, and tempting excerpt. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “EENY MEENY”

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both the beginning and 56 drew me in! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great read! Happy weekend to you too!

      Delete
  13. Oh yeah. This is already on my wish list and I plan to do a little bit of book buying this weekend!

    My Friday 56 from The Roanoke Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you enjoy it if you decide to get it! I really did!

      Delete
  14. Sounds interesting. I hope it lives up to your expectations!

    ReplyDelete