Tuesday 14 March 2017

Top Ten Books on My Spring TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke & The Bookish. You can find a list of past and future topics here. TBR topics always seem the easiest before I start and then narrowing it down to ten becomes this huge ordeal. Basically I have waaay too many books on my TBR and waaay waaay too many books on my wishlist. So sorting out which ones to read when? Kinda impossible. But these are the ten I am most excited for (first five are wishlist, the rest are from my TBR pile).

1) A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)
Almost definitely my most anticipated book for the whole of 2017 I will probably be reading this the second it arrives (unless I get intimidated by it and just stare at it for months like I did the last one).

2) Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1)
I mean, firstly Renee Ahdieh's writing is gorgeous. And secondly - that cover??? Again, I would love to read this as soon as possible!

3) The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich
The Love Interest
This is one I wasn't initially interested in and then I really read the blurb and fell completely in love with the whole idea. And as time goes by my excitement for this just grows - actually slightly worried about being disappointed if my expectations get too high!

4) The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
The Upside of Unrequited
Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda is one of my favourite books ever. So I would pretty much auto-buy anything Becky Albertalli writes. But this book actually sounds incredible and the reviews have been great! 

5) Hunted by Meagan Spooner
Hunted
Meagan Spooner co-wrote the Starbound trilogy which is one of my all time favourite series' so I am really excited to read her first solo book. Plus its a Beauty and the Beast retelling which I will always be excited for.

6) The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
The Hate U Give
And now for the books I actually own. I need to read this very soon. I recently got it but haven't drawn it out of the TBR jar yet (actually considering breaking the rules and just reading it anyway?) but I am very much looking forward to it.

7) Origin by Jessica Khoury
Origin (Corpus, #1)
I loved The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury which I recently read and so I immediately grabbed her other books. This is the first book in the Corpus trilogy - I believe the books can be read as standalones but I always read in order anyway!

8) The Dragon's Price by Bethany Wiggins
The Dragon's Price (Transference, #1)
I've seen some mixed reviews for this but dragons. I can't say no to dragons. I just can't. The main character sounds very headstrong and independent which I like the sound of as well! 

9) The Valiant by Lesley Livingston
The Valiant (The Valiant, #1)
I have loved every one of Livingston's previous books and a book about a female gladiator was always going to intrigue me. I did Classics at college and I always find myself gravitating towards anything Roman, Ancient Greek or Ancient Egyptian. Can't seem to help it. But yeah - excited. Very, very excited.

10) Done Dirt Cheap by Sarah Nicole Lemon
Done Dirt Cheap
Possibly the one on this list I know the least about? I bought this after someone told me it featured an amazing female friendship and healthy romances and an exciting plot. I was kinda sold at that and I want to go in a little blind and just enjoy the ride! 



Let me know the books on your Spring TBR in the comments (or leave a link to your top ten) cause I always need more ideas for my TBR pile! And if you've read any of these let me know what you think of them! 


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.

16 comments:

  1. Valiant has me really curious and so does Unrequited. And I really should read Origin since I've read the other Corpus books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah you did the series in the wrong order! I am so excited for Unrequited!

      Delete
  2. I've not read a single book by Sarah J. Maas but AM curious. I own all of her TOG books, but they kind of "scare" me because the page count is so high. Long books and I don't seem to get along. :)

    Happy spring TBR-ing, Clare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long books scare me but then I wind up loving how long they are! Hope you enjoy them when you read them!

      Delete
  3. Hi! The Upside of Unrequited Love is on my list, too. But actually I have to get to Simon first since it's going to be a movie :) Great list!
    My TTT
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you enjoy Simon! It's such a great book and I can't wait for the movie! :)

      Delete
  4. I just snagged The Hate U Give last night on Overdrive. I'm really looking forward to seeing if it's as good as all the hype. Great list and hope you love them. I need to see if I can get a copy of The Valiant too because I've never read a book about female gladiators.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Female gladiators just sounds so awesome! And there is so much hype for The Hate U Give which usually makes me nervous but in this case just makes me really excited!

      Delete
  5. Lots of great books coming out this spring. Thanks for sharing your list.

    My list this week is up for comment. I can't decide what to read next: http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/03/my-spring-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never decide what to read next so I know the feeling!

      Delete
  6. Fantasy novels are a weakness of mine so The Dragon's Price immediately caught my eye!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hearing so many good things about The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. I need to add that to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read it soon - I've heard nothing but incredible things!

      Delete
  8. So many great sounding books on your list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/top-ten-tuesday-98/

    ReplyDelete