Monday 10 August 2015

90's Movie Book Tag

This tag was created by A Book Lovers Playlist.

1) She's All That: Name a book couple that are an odd pairing but they still fit perfectly.
Ann: I don't know what one to put for this one but I think that the couple in Hush Hush are very different in the beginning of the series.
Clare: Skylar and Josh from I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios. They are such wildly different people but they somehow find common ground and make sense together. I enjoyed this book a lot.

2) 10 Things I Hate About You: A book or series that you have a love/hate relationship with.
Ann: This one is obviously the Divergent trilogy, purely because of the ending of the third book.
Clare: I feel like the obvious one is the Divergent trilogy, but I am going to say the Narnia series just to be different (and because I feel like Ann will probably go Divergent). I love it because as a child its this magical, wonderful series but then when you get older and look at all the symbolism you start to get overwhelmed with religion which I didn't like. Plus the ending of The Last Battle really, really sucked. I mean poor Susan. Really??

3) Clueless: A character that is totally clueless but you love them anyway.
Ann: I think Simon from the Mortal Instruments is kind of clueless in the beginning although I also agree with Clare's pick.
Clare: Neville Longbottom. He obviously isn't clueless by the end of the series but at the beginning he is so sweet and clueless and of course I adore him.

4) Titanic: Name a book that made you cry.
Ann: I don't cry at books but one book that had me on the verge of tears was The Fault in Our Stars.
Clare: All the books. I, for some reason, seem to love books that make me cry. But one I really remember is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I was so mad and sad at that ending I remember just crying for ages.

5) American Pie: Name a book that makes you laugh.
Ann: Ummm, only when asked this question do I realise that I don't read many funny books. The Diary of a Wimpy Kid made me laugh I think.
Clare: Hmm, I don't often laugh at books to be honest. But Percy Jackson definitely made me chuckle.

6) Can't Hardly Wait: A book with a crazy party.
Ann: The Party at Magnus Bane's from City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.
Clare: Ten Things We Shouldn't Have Done by Sarah Mlynowski. The first chapter is the morning after the party and then the rest of the book starts from a couple of months before and works its way back to the party.

7) Cruel Intentions: Name a character you can never fully trust.
Ann: Sebastian from the Mortal Instruments. I may love him but I would never trust him.
Clare: Untrustworthy and morally ambiguous characters are my absolute favourite. River from The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke was the first one I thought of though just because I still don't know whether he is at all trustworthy.

8) Drive Me Crazy: Name your favourite "boy next door" or "girl next door" couple.
Ann: Lucy and Nicholas from the Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey.
Clare: Katy and Daemon from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout in the sense that they actually literally live next door to one another. Mostly this was just the first series to pop into my head. I don't know whether or not it would be my absolute favourite but I definitely enjoyed their relationship.

9) Scream: A book with a memorable villain.
Ann: I have two answers for this one, I love Sebastian from the Mortal Instruments but I also think that President Snow was a pretty memorable villain.
Clare: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. I love the Darkling. He is one of my favourite villains. I wasn't a huge fan of the series as a whole but I kept reading almost entirely for him.

10) The Craft: Name a book with witches.
Ann: I really struggled about this at first but after thinking about it I remembered that there is a witch in one of my favourite books, Magyk.
Clare: Witches are one of those things I love to read about but hardly ever actually read. Which is weird. I am going to go with The Doomspell trilogy by Cliff McNish just because I'm not sure many people have read it. I first read it when I was in school and loved it.

You can find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) and on Twitter (Ann and Clare)

No comments:

Post a Comment