Tuesday 14 February 2017

Top Ten Bookish Couples

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke & The Bookish. You can find a list of past and future topics here. Since I am listing Couples rather than Ships-I-Wish-Were-a-Thing there is a potential spoiler warning for some of these books! 

1) Magnus and Cleo
Frozen Tides (Falling Kingdoms, #4)
Magnus and Cleo are two of my favourite characters in the series (especially Magnus) and I am so nervous to read Crystal Storm in case anything bad happens to either of them! 

2) Rhysand and Feyre
A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
I wasn't the biggest fan of A Court of Thorns and Roses and so much of that comes down to the fact I never liked Tamlin. So ACOMAF was just brilliant for me. I am trying so hard to avoid spoilers in general - but I love these two together and I can't wait for the next book!

3) Yelena and Valek
Poison Study (Study, #1)
Fun fact: I actually prefer when all the romantic drama gets sorted really early on and then the rest of the series is action with an established couple. Which is why this couple are so perfect for me. They're together by the end of the first book and that just enables me to enjoy the actual plot as well as bask in the wonder that is there relationship and banter.

4) Simon and Blue
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
I just... I can't remember the last time I left a book this happy. I had a smile on my face practically the whole time I was reading and the relationship was just so lovely. If you haven't read this yet - why?

5) Anne and Gilbert
Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1)
Probably my first book "ship". As a redhead the Anne books were basically just my must-reads. And I loved the whole Anne-Gilbert arc. From enemies (sort-of) to friends to love it was just so wonderfully done.

6) Cress and Thorne
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
There is a reason Cress is my favourite book of The Lunar Chronicles and that reason - is Cress and Thorne. They are my two favourite characters in the series as a whole and their whole dynamic together is just perfect. Side note: If you are a Cress and Thorne fan then you should definitely read Wires and Nerve - they are the most featured characters aside from Iko and their scenes are perfect.

7) Percy and Annabeth
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
Again, I just love the whole arc of their relationship! With every book their conversations and interactions get better and I love them as a couple. I am so glad that they keep popping up if only because I can never get enough Percabeth!

8) Adrian and Sydney
Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)
Not everyones favourite but I actually really liked the Bloodlines series. Adrian is pretty much everyone's favourite character I am sure. And whilst I definitely thought Rose was crazy not to be in love with him - I am glad she wasn't because it meant the whole Sydney/Adrian relationship could happen. They were such different people but so supportive of each other and I love it.

9) Westley and Buttercup
The Princess Bride
OK, so pretty much zero relationship development. We go really quickly to true love - but I adore them as a couple. And The Princess Bride is one of my favourite books and my absolute favourite movie so they had to make the list!

10) Kaz and Inej
Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
Oh, Six of Crows. I mean really, all the relationships in this book are wonderful. This duology is one of my all time favourites and I adore every character and every interaction between characters. So it's probably not a huge surprise that I loved Kaz and Inej together. So fierce but so vulnerable. I need more of this world please?


Happy Valentines Day!! Do you have plans? And please leave a link to your Top 10 in the comments as I am always looking for more recommendations! 

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

14 comments:

  1. Westley and Buttercup are awesome picks. And I love the covers of those Falling Kingdoms books- I should read those at some point.

    I just got a copy of Crooked Kingdom in a giveaway so once I get Six of Crows I'll be tackling those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am looking forward to seeing what you think of the Six of Crows duology!

      Delete
  2. I've heard really good things about Six of Crows, and of course Marissa's series, so I'm glad to see these books have solid "ships." Also, Morgan's and Maria's books keep popping up in Youtube videos and such. Perhaps this is a sign that I should read them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! They are great books! And Six of Crows is just the best - it's so, so good!

      Delete
  3. Kaz and Inej are one of my favorites, I love them <3 I really want to read Simon vs. and ACOTAR :D Great list!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon vs. is one of those books that just makes me incredibly happy! :)

      Delete
  4. Kaz and Inej are my absolute faves! Cress and Thorne almost made my list as well, but I instead chose Kai and Cinder. I definitely need to read Simon vs. soon - I'm so upset that I haven't done so yet. Also, A+ choice with Rhys and Feyre! This is an awesome list!

    Lillie @ Little Lillie Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the ships in the Lunar Chronicles are great so I can see how it would be tough to choose between them! And yes - you should definitely read Simon vs. It's so good!

      Delete
  5. Hi! I've seen Simon and Blue on a lot of couples lists today...I guess this means I need to bump it up higher on the TBR list! :) I love a good couple!
    My TTT
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really sweet - I hope you get to read it soon!

      Delete
  6. I love Percabeth! I think they're my ultimate bookish OTP.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/top-ten-tuesday-96/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are kinda perfect aren't they? It's hard to compare to them!

      Delete