Monday 6 February 2017

Cover Characteristic: Statue of Liberty

Cover Characteristic is a weekly feature hosted over at Sugar & Snark! This weeks topic was one I thought would be easy for some reason! The Statue of Liberty is so iconic that I was sure it would be on plenty of covers. As it turns out - not so much! I had a few in my mind (contemporaries) that when I checked them didn't have the Statue of Liberty on them at all - so I am clearly going crazy.

UnDivided (Unwind, #4)The Overton Window (Overton Window, #1)
Den potéMurphy's LawAfter the Rain

My favourite of these is definitely UnDivided which I haven't read yet but very much want to. I love how the Statue of Liberty keeps getting submerged by the weather - rain in After the Rain and snow in Den Pote which is the Czech edition of The Day After Tomorrow. It's amazing how often the Statue of Liberty gets destroyed in disaster movies - and now apparently disaster books! Murphy's Law meanwhile is the only one of these books I have actually read and whilst I did like it I wasn't blown away - I like this cover more than the one I have! 

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

4 comments:

  1. Cool covers! I used After the Rain too. And you're right- what is it with apocalyptic things happening to Liberty? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every apocalypse is just so Anti-Liberty I guess? After the Rain is a good cover! And it looks like it could be an interesting book as well!

      Delete
  2. LOVED The Day After Tomorrow movie!
    Thanks for joining in last week :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete