Friday 10 February 2017

Friday Reads 10th February 2017

Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice and Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader. The idea is to share a sentence or so from the first page and the 56th page of the book you are currently reading!

Sweet Lake: A Novel (Sweet Lake, #1)
Book Beginning:
"Coconuts bouncing down a bowling lane."

Friday 56: 
"Finishing her morning coffee, Linnie walked to the veranda's railing and breathed in the fragrance of honeysuckle."

I haven't actually started this yet (I still have a couple of pages of Wires and Nerve left) but I am very intrigued by that opening sentence! I have no idea what's going on but it's an interesting image! The second quote in contrast is pretty idyllic and lovely, so I think this will be a really nice and possibly funny read! I am really looking forward to it! I was sent this for review!

If anyone's interested my review of last week's Friday Reads - Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones - went up yesterday and you can check it out here.

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading 

14 comments:

  1. I'm reading this right now. Been a while since I've read one of her books and was lucky enough to win this!

    MY Friday 56 from The Ashes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you won a copy! It's the first of her books I've ever read but I am loving it so far!

      Delete
  2. When I read the opening, I thought of thunderstorms in South Florida! I'd keep reading to find out what the author is describing. I like the description in your 56 too.
    My Friday post features An Innocent Client.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rains pretty much constantly in England but we rarely get storms like that! So I couldn't think of anything to compare it too!

      Delete
  3. Fun teases and a peaceful cover.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this cover design! And I am really enjoying the book so far!

      Delete
  4. I loved this book! Especially because, from the first page, I felt as though I was right there with them in the gorgeous setting, and feeling what they were feeling. Enjoy!

    Here's mine: “BEHIND HER EYES”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am only a little way in but I feel like I've connected so much to the characters! Loving it!

      Delete
  5. Sweet Lake looks interesting. I haven't heard much about it, but I hope you enjoy it once you get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started it now and I am really loving it so far - the characters are great!

      Delete
  6. Love the cover, and I love honeysuckle.

    I hope you are enjoying the book.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty cover! I am enjoying it a lot so far!

      Delete