Friday 27 January 2017

Friday Reads 27th January 2017

Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice and Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader. The idea is to share a sentence or so from the first page and the 56th page of the book you are currently reading! 

The Diabolic

Book Beginning:
"Everyone believed Diabolics were fearless, but in my earliest years, all I knew was fear."
 Friday 56:
"I'd now experienced weakness, and between hiding my strength or possessing genuine frailty, I vastly preferred to hide."
I am nearly at the end of The Diabolic and I am vastly enjoying it. Nemesis is just as ruthless as I wanted her to be and such a great, interesting character. I am not as in love with the side characters (except Sidonia and Tyrus) but I am excited to see how everything resolves.

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading 

20 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this one. It seems like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cover. So beautiful. This sounds like a great book.

    My Friday Book is Faithful , by Alice Hoffman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started this one and had to set it aside to catch up on a review or two. Need to get back to it.

    My Friday 56 from Chasing Fireflies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've had it pushed to one side for the longest time thanks to review books but I am glad I finally picked it up!

      Delete
  4. Diabolics??? Call me intrigued! :-) Happy weeekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such an interesting concept! And so hard to pull off an interesting and ruthless character that is still likable but she manages it!

      Delete
  5. Whoa, that cover image is so intense. I like the way the first sentence reveals the narrator is a diabolic without coming out and saying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cover! I enjoyed the excerpts, too, even though this one is not my usual read. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “THE FUTURES”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been a while since I had read any dystopian/sci-fi and I had forgotten how fun they are!

      Delete
  7. The Friday56 excerpt definitely ties in with the book's cover! I'm curious about the "Diabolics."
    My Friday post features The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good - very original and exciting!

      Delete
  8. I'll be reading this one pretty soon! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Lauren @ Always Meb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok. I'm hooked. This one is going on my TBR list right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this around but know almost nothing about it. I do like the sound of the teasers so I'll definitely have to find out more about it and hopefully pick up a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely do recommend it - it was such an exciting, fast-paced read!

      Delete