Wednesday 18 January 2017

Top 5 Polarising Books

Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly feature and you can find the goodreads group here. I found this a very hard topic so it took me a while to come up with 5 but I managed it in the end.



1) Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Twilight (Twilight, #1)
I  have not yet ready Twilight but I know that it definitely is considered a polarising book and I really want to read it just see what it is like. I want to see whether I will like it or hate it.



2) Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)
I loved beautiful creatures although the movie was terrible. However I know that there are some people who did not enjoy it!



3) Lord Of The Flies by William Golding
Lord of the Flies

I had to read this book for homework at school, and I really did not enjoy it at all, but there were a few people in my class who really enjoyed it.



4) Magyk by Angie Sage
Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1)
This is one of my favourite books, that I loved so much. However I know for a fact that one of my best friends does not enjoy it, I do not understand why but it is one of her least favourite books.



5) Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
I have read this book a couple of times and I have managed to make a lot of my friends really enjoy it, however I do know that a lot of people don't like it as much as I do.


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

6 comments:

  1. I was excited to see Magyk on this list! I loved it as a teen (though I lost interest in the series as a whole). I know a lot of people disliked it because they saw it as a knockoff Harry Potter. Did you read the rest of the series?

    (Also, I encourage you to read Twilight! I hated it, quite frankly, but I believe everyone should form their own opinion on it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did read the whole series, and also have a signed copy of the last book, it is one of my favourite book series although I do understand that some people dislike it. I plan on reading Twilight sometime this year. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I've heard that about Lord of the Flies. And Twilight I have to say good or bad it does seem (from what various bloggers say) that it turned a lot of people on to reading, or back to reading, so in that sense it did something awesome. Whether or not it's any good lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really want to read Twilight just so I can decide for myself whether or not it is a good book. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I don't really care for the Twilight series, but I will say that Eclipse is the best one of them - Jasper's backstory makes it kind of worth it. :)

    I had to listen to Beautiful Creatures for a class - and I felt the end was kind of a cop out. I don't really care to continue the series after that ending.

    I tried Hush, Hush - the first one wasn't absolutely awful, but I gave up partway through the second book...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that is what makes them polarising books then! :) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete