Sunday 1 January 2017

Sunday Post 1st January 2017

STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it.

It's the New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years Eve and here's hoping 2017 is a good year! 

Last Week on the Blog:


Books We Got This Week:

Clare:
EleganceThe DebutanteThe Perfume CollectorWarsworn (Chronicles of the Warlands, #2)
Elegance/The Debutante/The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro: I've been intrigued by this author for a while. I really love the covers of these they are, rather fittingly, elegant. I got these in my Christmas stocking.
Warsworn by Elizabeth Vaughan: This was a gift from Ann. It's the second in the series, I read the first a long time ago and enjoyed it. I may have to do a re-read though as I am not sure how well I remember plot points.
High RisingWild StrawberriesPomfret TowersCrystal Storm (Falling Kingdoms, #5)
High Rising/Wild Strawberries/Pomfret Towers by Angela Thirkell: Another gift from my stocking, these are books 1, 2 and 6 in the series. I think I probably can read them without reading 3-5 but I may look out for those books anyway.
Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes: And this was just a gift to myself. I've been eagerly anticipating this for so long! I love Magnus on the cover - he better be OK by the end of this book because he is my favourite character!!!
The House on Bellevue GardensWayfarer (Passenger, #2)The Phantom Tree
The House on Bellevue Gardens by Rachel Hore: This was a boxing day present, I've really enjoyed Rachel Hore's books before and this is one I've wanted for a while so I am excited!
Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken: I received this via Netgalley and I am excited to read it in 2017, I really liked the first book so I have pretty high hopes.
The Phantom Tree by Nicola Cornick: I think it was Sarah Morgan who recommended this on Twitter and I was immediately intrigued, I've read some of Nicola Cornick's other works and although this sounds very different, I am excited to read it.

Reading Update:

Clare:
Game of FearThe Haunting of Maddy Clare
Game of Fear by Glede Browne Kabongo: 3 stars, Good mystery but not excellent and some of the main characters actions really annoyed me. The side characters were great though. I will have a full review up for this soon.
The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James: 5 stars, This was a re-read to stave off a reading slump and I loved it just as much the second time around! 

Next Week on the Blog:

  • Academy Award Book Tag
  • Top Ten 2017 Debuts I'm Excited For
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Ann's Top 5 Goals for 2017
  • Clare's December Wrap Up and January TBR
  • Friday Reads
  • Ann's December Wrap Up and January TBR

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!! Bring on 2017! I love the covers of those Thirkell books- that art style really appeals to me- and same for The Phantom tree which looks a lot like the Morgan covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't noticed that but it does a little! And I love the Thirkell covers a lot! It's at least half of the reason I wanted them! Happy New Year!!!

      Delete
  2. I really want to start that Morgan Rhodes series, but it keeps getting bumped in priority for me. Hope you have a great week and a happy new year!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother got them for me last year and I loved them but I am kind of nervous to continue the series! Rhodes can be pretty ruthless with her characters and there are some characters I am desperately hoping get to be happy!

      Delete
  3. all the books look great, especially Game of Fear! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a review up for it soon - it was a good mystery!

      Delete
  4. Awesome haul of books. I so want to get Wayfarer. Great haul of books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's released now so I definitely need to read it soon! Hope you get to read it as well!

      Delete
  5. I spy Wayfarer! I'm currently reading that one and am really excited to finish it soon. It's a monster of a book! Good so far, as one would expect. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Happy New Year, Clare. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping it won't seem as intimidating as an e-book?? I really want to read it soon though! Happy New Year Alyssa!

      Delete
  6. Enjoy all of your lovely new books this week! Wayfarer is EXCELLENT. :D

    My stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it! I really need to read it soon because I am very excited for it!

      Delete