Tuesday 3 January 2017

Top Ten 2017 Debuts I'm Excited For

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke & The Bookish. You can find a list of past and future topics here. 2017 is already looking to be an amazing year for books! I have found in the past that I don't read a lot of Debuts - I have a lot of favourite authors I come back to time and again. I definitely want to change that this year - especially with all the amazing looking debuts on the horizon! Here are a few I am really excited about!!

1) Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Caraval (Caraval, #1)
This is one I am sure will be on a lot of lists this week! All the reviews I've seen so far have been glowing! I am trying to keep my expectations low to avoid over-hyping it but it's quite hard.

2) Wintersong by S. Jae Jones
Wintersong
This one has goblins in it. Which is not something you see a lot for some reason, so it intrigues me. I also really love the cover on this one!

3) Poison's Kiss by Breeana Shields
Poison's Kiss (Poison's Kiss, #1)
I adore the cover and I like the idea of this one - I am a little nervous as it sounds like the romance could overtake the plot and I really don't want it to. But it has a lot of potential so I'll be keeping my eye on it.

4) Frostblood by Elly Blake
Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)
This could either be amazing or disappointing. It does sound a little similar to other YA books (for example Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard) but I still really want to give it a try.

5) Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
Daughter of the Pirate King
PIRATES! Why aren't there more books about Pirates??? I haven't heard much about this one yet but it does intrigue me - it's also something I am sure Ann would enjoy!

6) Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
Empress of a Thousand Skies
I want 2017 to be the year I really give Sci-Fi a chance. I hadn't heard of this one until recently but the more I hear of it the more excited I get - it has the potential to be incredible and I can't wait for its release! 

7) The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
The Hate U Give
Genuinely haven't heard one single negative thing about this. I am sure this will be on a lot of lists this week as well because I know a lot of people who are very excited about it. It's meant to be released on the 28th February but in the UK it seems to be in April so I will have to wait!

8) The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich
The Love Interest
When I first heard about this I wasn't that excited - it sounded pretty generic. But then I read a couple of reviews and fell in love with this premise. Apparently it pokes fun at a lot of YA tropes and also sounds like it could be LGBTQ? I think? I hope?

9) Blue Tide by Jenna-Lynne Duncan
Blue Tide
I know next to nothing about this but I love that cover so much. Plus - more pirates! I actually only found this when I was looking for some debuts but now I am really excited for it.

10) Shimmer and Burn by Mary Taranta
Shimmer and Burn
I don't often have the best of luck with fey books. With very few exceptions I wind up disappointed - but this sounds like it could be one of the exceptions which is exciting. The cover is gorgeous and the plot sounds like it could be a little ruthless which I love!!

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

19 comments:

  1. Caraval made my list this week too! Cannot wait to discover what lies inside - that cover certainly looks amazing! 'Pirate King' is one that intrigues me too. Especially being a huge fan of Disney's Pirate franchise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Pirate franchise! But then I am a sucker for all things pirates, they are endlessly fascinating! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG! Caraval, Wintersong, Daughter of the Pirate King, Frostblood, Empress of a Thousand skies and The Hate You Give made my list too!! A LOT OD+F OUR REASONS FOR PICKING THE BOOKS ARE SAME TOO!! *okay I'll calm down* Amazing list! You got a new follower ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I am so glad your excited for them too! And I think we have excellent reasons for picking them!!! Thanks for following! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm really excited for Caraval now I've seen it on every list I've visited so far. I had to preorder it! I hope you love these books when they release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every list? Wow I knew it was greatly anticipated but that's impressive!

      Delete
  4. Love your picks! 2017 is going to be an awesome year for books! :)

    Check out my TTT Post: Miranda's Top Ten Tuesday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely looking like it will be! I am excited for them! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow. Everyone's lists are remarkably the same...all except mine. I couldn't come up with one title. Ha!
    MY TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have weeks like that - where I just can't think of a single thing!

      Delete
  6. Blue Tide does look interesting. Empress of a Thousand Skies has me really curious and so does Poison's Kiss (that cover)! And goblins? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what it is about goblins but I always want to grab a book that features them! And my cover love for 2017 releases is getting out of hand!

      Delete
  7. Caraval sounds so damn good, and I'm pretty sure the most negative review I've seen of it was a 4-star one, so it's safe to say I'm mostly convinced I'll love it. I'm so damn excited for The Hate U Give - it's an incredibly important novel & I've seen nothing but glowing reviews around. I'm on the brink about The Love Interest - I hated the premise first, but since realized that it's most likely going to be a romance between the two boys, and I just love the forbidden romance trope, and does this sound like that haha!
    Great list! Hope you'll love all these novels!

    Veronika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought about The Love Interest - the synopsis left me really unimpressed but then when I heard about the LGBT angle I had to pre-order it! It could wind up being really good! The Hate U Give is going to be incredible, everything I've heard says that and I am just so glad it exists. Caraval comes out really, really soon and I am so glad the wait is nearly over!

      Delete
  8. We share quite a few this week - and I was really close to adding Shimmer and Burn to my list as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a last minute addition for me but I am intrigued! :)

      Delete
  9. I've seen Shimmer and Burn on a couple of lists this week. I need to look more into it. Hope you have a fantastic time reading all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am intrigued by it - not sure yet whether I will pre-order it or just wait and see what people think!

      Delete