Friday 6 January 2017

A Classic a Month: January!

This year both Ann and I made our Bookish Resolutions posts (here and here) and realised we both wanted to read more classics. At least one a month. So we each made a pile of books we plan to read and set each other the task of choosing a book for the other. As luck would have it we managed to choose the same book to read so we will both be reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen in January. This is actually a re-read for me as I've been meaning to re-read it for a while whereas I know Ann has been meaning to read it as well.

Pride and Prejudice

At the beginning of February we will post again about our progress and what books we plan to read next! If you are reading any great Classics this year please let us know! 

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

3 comments:

  1. This is a good idea I want to start reading more classics as well, but I just can't make myself do it for some reason. I love Pride and Prejudice, though! Ann, I really hope you love it, too. And Clare, I hope you enjoy your re-read!!

    - Lefty @ The Left-Handed Book Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I read maybe one classic last year! So this is us motivating ourselves! I hope you get to read more classics! I am glad I am starting with a re-read because it eases me back in to Classics.

      Delete
  2. I wanted to read some classics this year too. Anna Karenina, Lolita, Crime and Punishment, Water for Elephants, The Time Travelers Wife to name a few.

    ReplyDelete