Wednesday 3 May 2017

Wednesday Catch-Up 3rd May 2017

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next? You can click any of the images to go to the Goodreads page for that book!

Currently Reading:

The Sacred Vault (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #6)
The Sacred Vault is the 6th book in the Wilde/Chase series by Andy McDermott and I have just started it. These books follow Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase as they uncover a dizzying amount of "world changing archealogical finds". You have to wonder when they are going to run out of previously-thought-to-be-mythical-but-hey-look-there-it-is discoveries? Hopefully not too soon because I have the first 11 books on my shelf. Anyway, I am enjoying these although I think if I were in a more intense reading mood I'd be bored of them by now. But because I am in a super lazy mood at the moment and just wanted something fun - they're working. 


Recently Finished:

The Lost SisterhoodThe White RoadGeekerellaThe Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
The Tomb of Hercules (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #2)The Secret Of Excalibur (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #3)The Covenant Of Genesis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #4)The Cult Of Osiris (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #5)
The Lost Sisterhood was an excellent read. I loved the way Anne Fortier combined good research with an original spin on the mythology and the characters were as wonderful as I expected from her. If you haven't read this (or Juliet by Anne Fortier) then I definitely recommend them. The White Road was just too much for me and I had to quit half way through. I'm only mentioning it because I think it deserves it - this was entirely me being too much of a wimp to continue and the book itself was good! Geekerella felt slightly mediocre? It was cute and fun but also fairly forgettable. If it appeals to you then definitely read it but it's not an instant favourite for me. And then I read the first five books in the Wilde/Chase series by Andy McDermott which I am currently marathoning. These are fairly predictable and formulaic sure, but also quite a lot of fun and with school work at the moment I needed something I didn't have to focus on too hard. 

Planning to Read Next:

Empire Of Gold (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #7)Temple Of The Gods (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #8)The Valhalla Prophecy (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #9)
And yeah, continuing this series. I have 5 more books to read in this series but I'm reading at least 1-2 a day because they're so quick (although also like 500 pages long) so I think by this time next week I will definitely be caught up! I had expected to be reading A Court of Wings and Ruin right about now but my final paper for Uni is due in this week so I want to get it done and out of the way before I start that. 


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.

12 comments:

  1. These books are all new to me. The White Road piques my curiosity. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing, and here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like a good scary read The White Road might be for you!

      Delete
  2. I hear you on needing easy reads during school. I'm very much looking forward to this semester being done with. These Andy McDermott ones do sound pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to be done with it either! One more assignment and one more exam and I am through *until October anyway*! Good luck with your semester!

      Delete
  3. Not familiar with any of these books. I am sorry to hear that Geekerella did not work for you. Here is my post
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2017/05/what-are-you-reading-wednesdays-10.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fine, nothing spectacular but I didn't dislike it.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any Anne Fortier books. I'll have to go take a look at them. It is fun sometimes to just have a group of quick entertaining reads when you're busy with other things. Glad you've found these during what is probably a stressful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Fortier is a favourite of mine so I hope you enjoy her books! And yeah that's exactly it - so glad to have stumbled upon this series when I most needed it!

      Delete
  5. You've read how many books recently?? :O *bows*

    The Lost Sisterhood sounds interesting, I'll check it out :)

    Here's my WWW: https://sarinalangerwriter.com/2017/05/03/www-wednesday-3rd-may-2017/

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading too much in order to avoid having to study! So not as impressive as it looks!!!
      And I hope you enjoy The Lost Sisterhood as much as I did!

      Delete
  6. I agree, that sounds like a fun series and sometimes you need to read something that doesn't require too much thinking or isn't too intense. That's how I feel about the cozy mysteries I read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cozy mysteries but I never seem to have any on my shelf when I need them!! Will definitely have to check out your blog for recommendations.

      Delete