Saturday 13 May 2017

Bout of Books Day 5 Wrap Up

Ann:

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Today I read The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for school. I also read 50 pages of In the Name of Love by Louise Lee but discovered I am in the wrong mood for it right now so put it aside!

Totals for the week so far:
6 books completed
1778 pages read

Clare:

The Dead HouseMissingTill Death
Do you know how much reading you get done when you can't go home till your Mum finishes work? I basically sat in a cafe and read all day. Which is just pretty much the perfect day. The Dead House was great, I saw the twist coming but it totally made sense and was still a great bit of suspense plus I loved how mind twisty it all was. I then read Missing which I really enjoyed, I don't think I loved it as much as I usually love Armstrong's books but it was really, really good and I highly recommend it. And finally I read Till Death which I was kind of disappointed in? I liked the romance but the mystery element was not great. I knew who the "Groom" was from the moment his character (his real character not the serial killer persona) was introduced and from there the mystery failed to engage me. 

Totals for the week so far:
9 books completed
3389 pages read


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you both are doing great with the readathon! I've only managed to finish one book so far, mostly because this was finals week for me. :P Hoping to finish at least one more before the end, though. The Dead House is a book I've been wanting to read for awhile, so I'm glad to see you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think finishing any book at all during finals week is impressive!! Hope finals are going well for you!!

      Delete