Tuesday 23 August 2016

Top Ten Books That Have Been on My Shelf Since Before I Started Blogging

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. You can check out this week's topic here and for a list of future topics head here. This could so easily become a Top Twenty list. Probably even a Top Fifty looking at my TBR shelves. But I will try to restrain myself!

1) The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
This is probably my brother's favourite series. I only have the first two books at the moment and I think I will probably wait until the series is complete before I start reading it.

2) Forsaken by Jana Oliver
Forsaken (The Demon Trappers, #1)
Another one where I want to own the whole series first. I only have the first book currently and am keeping my eye out for the rest of the series.

3) The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
The Casual Vacancy
I think I am just nervous. What if I don't like it (as so many seem not to)? I will read it. Someday.

4) The Heir of Night by Helen Lowe
The Heir of Night (Wall of Night, #1)
Again, the third book kept getting pushed back which made me nervous. So I own the first two and am just waiting before I start reading. I have a problem.

5) The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1)
I have mixed feelings about Kimberly Derting's books. This sounds like something I would enjoy - but who knows.

6) The Originals by Cat Patrick
The Originals
I do like Cat Patrick's books so I will probably read this soon. I had honestly just forgotten I had it. Which is terrible.

7) Prince of Shadows by Rachel Caine
Prince of Shadows
A Romeo and Juliet retelling. I usually love those. I genuinely have no idea why I didn't read this as soon as I got it. No excuse.

8) Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough
Once a Witch (Witch, #1)
Before I started blogging I tended to read a lot more Young Adult paranormal and I am now more into fantasy and historical. So books like this get lost on my shelves. It does still interest me its just fairly low down my list.

9) The Girl With Glass Feet by Ali Shaw
The Girl With Glass Feet
Nervous. This is the sort of book that could easily break my heart. 

10) The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Thirteenth Tale
I have heard so, so many good things about this book. It's one I definitely have to be in the right mood for though I think.


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

3 comments:

  1. I loved The Thirteenth Tale! I'd definitely give that one a shot if I were you. I'd say it's a good fall read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently finished The Lies of Locke Lamora - it was awesome!! :D

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will probably wait a looong time for Scott Lynch to finish the whole series :D I loved the first 2 books and thought the third was alright.

    ReplyDelete