Thursday 18 August 2016

Netflix and Books Tag

We were tagged by Gennifer over at Ready, Set, Read and you can find her post here. We both have a definite Netflix binge problem - I am currently watching all of Pretty Little Liars (I've already seen it but I've got my brother into it now so am rewatching it alongside him) and Ann is watching so many different shows at once so this seemed like a great tag for us. There are quite a few shows on here that we haven't watched before so we've definitely now added to our to-watch lists as well!


It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia: unlikeable character(s)

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)The Selection (The Selection, #1)
Ann: Lena from Beautiful Creatures. The whole series should have just been about Ridley.
Clare: Basically every character in The Selection series. These books were addictive and I flew through them but god the characters!


Vampire Diaries: your ship sank or didn’t happen

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)Magic Lost, Trouble Found (Raine Benares #1)

Ann: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. Clare helped me to remember that my ship in Shadow and Bone hadn't happened which at the time I remember really annoyed me.
Clare: Raine Benares series by Lisa Shearin. I actually stopped reading after the third book when the love triangle is still very much going - so I only know this through spoilers. And maybe if I kept reading I'd change my view anyway, but for now - this is one of the few occasions where my ship sank!


Friends: best cast of characters/friendships

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)

Ann: Harry Potter had the best cast of characters and the best friendships. I would love to have a friendship like Harry, Ron and Hermione's.
Clare: Six of Crows. We are so close to Crooked Kingdom! So close! Every member of the crew is brilliant on their own but together they are amazing and unstoppable and I just really need Crooked Kingdom!


Doctor Who: long series you loved

Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1)Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1)

Ann: Magyk by Angie Sage is one of my favourite series ever. I just loved the series so much and managed to get my mum into the series too.
Clare: Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong, every one of these 13 books is amazing. There are also two young adult spin-off series and a whole host of short stories so this series can keep you occupied for a while!


Grey’s Anatomy: all the feels

Me Before You (Me Before You, #1)The Fault in Our Stars

Ann: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. This book managed to make me smile a lot and feel sad about the ending, even though unlike Clare I don't cry at books this book still made me feel ever single emotion.
Clare: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Unlike Ann I cry at everything. So I could have chosen from any emotional book I have ever read! But, I have four copies of The Fault in Our Stars. Because every time I see it I am hit with emotion (and a compulsive need to buy all the different editions) so this kind of seemed like the obvious choice! 


Supernatural: favorite paranormal/fantasy

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)Poison Study (Study, #1)

Ann: City of Bones is one of my favorite paranormal/fantasy book. I love all the characters and the whole world and just everything about this series.
Clare: Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. I can't even remember how I first came upon this series but I am forever grateful that I did, the characters, the plot, the setting, everything is so brilliantly done and I get so excited waiting for the next book!


Freaks & Geeks: left you wanting more

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)Illusions of Fate

Ann: Percy Jackson! I love this series so much and although it is still a fairly large series I would love it to have a lot more books.
Clare: Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White. There should have been more. I love a good standalone but the ending was too rushed and I would almost have preferred this to be a duology. Plus I loved the characters and would take any excuse to read more about them!


Girl Meets World: should have a spin-off

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)

Ann: Cinder by Marissa Meyer, I want a Cress and Thorne spin-off.
Clare: Harry Potter. I want prequels. Dumbledore prequels. Lily and James prequels. And then sequels. I also agree with Ann's choice.


That 70’s Show: set in a different time period

Jane EyreThe Lost Art of Keeping Secrets

Ann: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I really enjoyed this book and it is definitely written in a different time period, although it was written in a different time period too.
Clare: The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets by Eva Rice, this is such an excellent portrayal of the 1950's and an enduring favourite.


Orange is the New Black: couldn’t stop reading

I've Got Your NumberClockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)

Ann: I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella, I have only read this book once or twice but I remember that when I did read it I read it in one sitting.
Clare: Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. I started Clockwork Angel the night before a long journey (the one chapter before bed lie) and wound up finishing Clockwork Princess shortly before we set out. I was very tired but it was very worth it!


Parks and Recreation: made you laugh out loud

My Brothers Famous BottomFifty Shames of Earl Grey

Ann: My Brothers Famous Bottom by Jeremy Strong, when I was younger Jeromy Strong's books used to be the books that I would read just because I wanted a laugh they were all funny and I really enjoyed them.
Clare: Fifty Shames of Earl Grey by Fanny Merkin. This book. I am decidedly not a fan of the Fifty Shades books but this was such a great, funny read. I made the mistake of reading it at about 3am when everyone else was asleep and nearly killed myself trying to laugh silently.


One Tree Hill: favorite book boyfriend

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)

Ann: Jace or Magnus from City of Bones. I feel like Magnus would just be a fun boyfriend and Jace would be awesome too.
Clare: Captain Thorne. I don't think this even needs an explanation.


Breaking Bad: favorite villain

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)

Ann: Sebastian was such a fun villain cause he was just so evil
Clare: Voldemort. We come back to Harry Potter so often in tags. But Voldemort truly is such an excellent villain.


Modern Family: best family or parents 

Girl Online (Girl Online, #1)Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)

Ann: Girl Online by Zoe Sugg. Although you don't see much of the family in Girl Online when you do meet them they are so supportive of the main character and they are just a great family every time you hear about or meet them.
Clare: The Weasleys. You see?? But really, who else am I supposed to pick. Best book parents of all time and the siblings are also amazing.


Thank you to Gennifer for tagging us! We tag - anyone who wants to do it! And if you do the tag please leave a link in the comments so we can check out your answers!

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

8 comments:

  1. Great post! I had to jump in here and say, I just watched 'Stranger Things' on Netflix and loved it! I couldn't stop watching it. Have you seen it?

    Also, the Lunar Chronicles is a fantastic series!! Love those books! Of course, Harry Potter is amazing also! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't! But I am starting to think I have to soon!

      Delete
  2. I would die happily if there was a Cress and Thorne spin off! He's one of my book boyfriends as well. :) I've never actually read Bitten, but I have watched the first season of the TV adaption! I completely agree about Lena and the characters from The Selection series. All of them made we want to rip my hair out. :D Thanks for mentioning me and great picks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the TV show recorded but I haven't watched any of it yet!
      Thanks for tagging us, this was really fun! :)

      Delete
  3. This is a fun meme, a lot of these shows I haven't seen. I can't believe how many books Kelley Armstrong writes- she is very prolific. And I love that cover of illusions of fate. I did start Orange is the New Black but I've only seen a few episodes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful that she is - I love almost all her books! The cover is very beautiful. Yeah, like you I think I am only about halfway through the first season of Orange is the New Black!

      Delete
  4. You picked some great books! Did you know there is actually a Beautiful Creatures spin-off series about Ridley and Link? As far as I know, there are only two books so far. Also YES to Me Before You giving all the feels!

    - Lefty @ The Left-Handed Book Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've read the first book but I don't think Ann has! Me Before You was super emotional! I really need to see the film!

      Delete