Friday 27 November 2015

Friday Reads 27th November 2015

Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice, the idea is to grab a book, turn to page 56 (or 56% in an e-book) and find any sentence (no spoilers!) and then post it. Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence and impressions about the book.

Clare:

UprootedThe Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1)The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)
I have just started reading Uprooted by Naomi Novik which I have heard absolutely amazing things about so I am very excited to get into it. I then plan to read The Burning Sky and it's sequels by Sherry Thomas, I am not sure of the exact plot of these but I love the covers and I know they're fantasy (clearly enough to go on with). 

Book Beginning and Friday 56:
Uprooted
"Our Dragon doesn't eat the girls he takes, no matter what stories they tell outside our valley." - Page 1
"I tried to be glad for her. I was mostly sorry for myself. It was hard to be alone and cold in my high tower room, locked away." - Page 56
It's good to know he isn't going to eat her but she is still having quite the self-pity party by page 56. Page 56 is also full of descriptions of food which is making me really quite hungry. Thanks book. I love what I've read of this so far. 


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

30 comments:

  1. Oh I absolutely LOVED Uprooted! I hope you do, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely great so far! Everyone seems to love this book!

      Delete
  2. I am definitely curious about this one. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE BLACK WIDOW”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a sampler of Uprooted with the first three chapters, and I loved what I read there! :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginning).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I've only read the first three chapters as well but I am loving it! :)

      Delete
  4. I've heard good things about Uprooted too. I burned out on her Temeraire series with a couple of books to go. But I think I'll give this one a try. I have a fairy tale this week - The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to read the Temeraire series forever but somehow never got around to it. I definitely recommend Uprooted so far!

      Delete
  5. Sounds interesting. The looming shadow on the cover hints at ominous things to come.
    My Friday post features The Mirror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the same cover I've seen elsewhere but I think I may actually prefer this one. It's very representative of the story so far!

      Delete
  6. I definitely need to add this to my TBR list.
    Mine- https://outlookonabook.wordpress.com/2015/11/27/friday-56/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been on mine for a long time, I am glad I finally gave in and bought it!

      Delete
  7. Hmm I've never even heard of any of these books, but Uprooted actually sounds kinda interesting. Just added it to my TBR on goodreads. Thanks for showing me a new book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great so far! And thank you I love adding to other people's reading lists :)

      Delete
  8. I've heard nothing but good things about Uprooted. It's on my TBR, but I haven't bought a copy yet. Hopefully I'll get to that soon. My Friday Reads Half-Blood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've seen even one bad or mediocre review of it so far, but it somehow took me so long to get my copy! Definitely recommend it and I hope you can get to it soon!

      Delete
  9. I read Uprooted and it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Making me curious.

    I do like the cover of Uprooted.

    ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this cover too! Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  11. This sounds too good to pass up!

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/11/27/the-friday-56-86-the-dead-girls-of-hysteria-hall/

    ReplyDelete
  12. These. are all fantastic covers! I'm going to have to get each book now....lol...thanks a lot!
    Here's My Friday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're welcome! I always tend to get books with good covers. I'm a definite judging-the-book-by-the-cover kind of person!

      Delete
  13. That cover pulled me in, but even if it was coverless, you had me at dragon. :-)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always want more dragon books in my life! For some reason I've read hardly any.

      Delete
  14. I love Uprooted, I need to buy myself a copy soon. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it too. Should finish it very soon because it's great!

      Delete
  15. Sounds interesting and I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing and stopping by our blog.

    ReplyDelete