Saturday 15 April 2017

Spring Into Horror TBR & Goals

Ann:

Promises I Made (Lies I Told, #2)Trust Me, I'm Lying (Trust Me, #1)Frozen CharlotteStalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)
I am going back to school on Monday so won't have as much time to read as I would like! My goal is to finish at least one book which may be a struggle as exams are starting soon and we have a lot of revision to get done! I am currently reading Promises I Made so will hopefully be able to finish that. I don't have a lot of "horror" books on my shelf but the other three are ones Clare has recommended to me and I'd love to find time to get to them!

Clare:

The Woman in Cabin 10Maplecroft (The Borden Dispatches, #1)He Said/She SaidBryant & May - Wild Chamber: (Bryant & May 14)
My SisterGone Without a TraceCrimson LakeArarat
Crimson and BoneAll the Good ThingsClose To MeThe Wages of Sin
Unlike Ann I don't go to school (Part time University study from home) and whilst I do have an exam to be revising for it's not as urgent and I feel confident about dedicating a fair bit of time to reading! I was so sure I didn't own any thrillers/horror novels but apparently I was super wrong. All of these are review books apart from The Woman in Cabin 10 and Maplecroft which are ones I purchased recently. I am super excited for all of these and although it's probably a bit over-ambitious I hope to finish them all in these two weeks! Fingers crossed for a miracle?

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading. 

5 comments:

  1. Michelle's books are on my perpetually long TBR. Also, 'Jack Ripper' is one I'm SUPER curious about. Just have to make time to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh spring into horror- I keep forgetting about her readathons! Trust Me I'm Lying was on my TBR at one time but fell off or something... hmm. And yay for Woman in Cabin 10. Gone Without A Trace is one I want to read too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about Maplecroft! I've read two of Priest's steampunk novels, but none of her horror yet. This is my first time taking part in this readathon: I was in the mood for horror so I figured, why not? I hope you both have a good readathon and read more books than you thought you could!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved Trust Me, I'm Lying & its sequel, even though I expected something... more? I mean, it WAS still pretty good, four-star good, and I hope you'll love it. Stalking Jack the Ripper is another one I really liked, even though, the mystery was a let down, BUT THE CHARACTERS WERE FANTASTIC. Seriously, the MC is so badass and strong, while the love interest was weird, but in a cute way. You'll see, I'm making a mess of explaining. As for Forzen Charlotte, I LOVED THAT BOOK SO MUCH. Super-twisted at some parts, and the characters + setting was incredibly well-written. Hope you'll love all these, Ann + good luck for your exams! ^^

    You know I'm super-excited for Maplecroft, Clare, so let me know how it is as soon as you start it! I'm also interested in Crimson and Bone, My Sister, The Woman in Cabin 10 and The Wages of Sin (how good does that cover look), so definitely tell me if they're any good. Hahaha, with your speed-reading I doubt you'll have any problems finishing all these. Yep, I'm super-jealous.

    Happy reading! ^^

    Veronika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us for Spring into Horror. You guys have some great reading lists there. I hope you're enjoying the readathon!

    ReplyDelete