Saturday 29 April 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy Book Tag

We will be going to see Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 today and in my excitement I totally forgot to prepare a post for today!! BUT, then I stumbled across this tag and it's kinda perfect timing (which is odd because my timing is usually awful)! So enjoy these questions and please consider yourself tagged if you're a Guardians of the Galaxy fan! Which, I mean, why wouldn't you be? This tag was created by G-Swizzel Books and you can check out the original video here.

1) Star Lord - An Unlikely Hero
All YA heroes ever? I mean Percy Jackson, Harry Potter - the best series' are full of unlikely heroes thrust into a whole new world and then battling their way to glory. And, you know, saving the world. But mostly glory. 

2) Gamora - A Lethal Weapon of a Character
Nemesis from The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid. Oh god, I feel like I never shut up about Nemesis but she deserves it okay??? She was so badass and awesome and just, so tough and lethal. 

3) Drax the Destroyer - An Unpredictable Character
Vidia Swanson from Tainted Angel by Anne Cleeland. This is one of those lesser known books that you should definitely read because wow. I loved Vidia from the first page and she was just so unpredictable. I never knew what she was going to do next or what her ultimate plan was - whose side she was going to be on but it was so exciting being along for the ride.

4) Rocket Raccoon - A Character with Killer Strategies 
Kaz from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. Is there any other answer? Is there?? He is the king of a winning plan. I just... I miss Six of Crows. 

5) Groot - A Bad Ass Character With a Big Heart
Rhysand from A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. This series has been on my mind a lot lately because it's only THREE DAYS until the release of A Court of Wings and Ruin!!! Three!! So close. I can't say much here without spoilers but god I love Rhysand. 

6) Mantis - A Friendly and Powerful Side Character
Fennrys in the Wondrous Strange trilogy (this is cheating because he is a main character in the spin off series Starling but shhhh). He was such a standout side character and I was thrilled when he got his own series. 

7) Nebula - A Character That Puts Their Mission Before Their Family
This is honestly kind of a tough one for me because I can't help but prefer characters who put family above everything. Cause that's what I'd do. But I am going to go with Valek from Poison Study. His dedication to his job surpasses pretty much everything. And I still love him.

8) Yondu - The Annoying Character That You Cannot Help But Love
Portia from Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn. She is one of those characters who just grows on people. Or so I've learned. I kinda loved her from the moment she appeared annoyances and all.

9) Adam Warlock - A Character That Thinks They Are a God
Apollo from The Trials of Apollo by Rick Riordan. Hey check me out cheating again. But technically - technically - he has been transformed into a mortal. So totally not a god but still thinks he is. It works.

10) Angela - A Character Who is Different From the Rest of the Squad But Is a Vital Member
Matthias from Six of Crows. So moral. So accidentally plunged into depravity by the squad. Poor boy. But what would they do without him?

I very nearly wound up putting a Six of Crows answer for everything. It would have been so easy. I'm pretty impressed with my restraint at sticking to only two! 

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading. 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun tag! And hope the movie is good. It's sad that I don't know many of these characters but your explanations make good sense. :) I do get the impression from all I've seen that Six of Crows has amazing characters. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie was great! Such a lot of fun! And yes! You NEED to read Six of Crows!

      Delete