Sunday 3 April 2016

Sunday Post 3rd April 2016

The Sunday Post STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it.

Clare: I've been a bit distracted this week since I am going on holiday tomorrow with my brother. This also means that posting next week may be a bit erratic but I will do my best whenever I have access to the internet to get the blog updated! And this time next week I may even have photos from Italy to show! 

Last Week on the Blog:


Books We Got This Week:
Because of Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys & Bridgertons, #1)The Vatican Princess
Because of Miss Bridgerton: I love Julia Quinn's books so I had to have this.
The Vatican Princess by C.W. Gortner: I requested this book through bookbridgr and was sent it by the publisher Hodder & Stoughton which I am super excited about. I read The Last Queen by C.W. Gortner a while back and loved it plus the Borgias fascinate me no end - especially Lucrezia so I have high hopes for this! (Also I will be in Rome next week so reading it near the Vatican will be amazing!)


Reading Update:
Ann:
Passenger (Passenger, #1)Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens AgendaBurn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1)

Passenger by Alexadra Bracken: 4.5 stars, Loved this book! Was a bit confusing in places but I loved the characters chemistry.
Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda: 5 stars, I have nothing else to say about this book other than I loved it and it was amazing.
Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian: 4 stars, Really enjoyed this book but the ending was very sad and I think they could have made it less upsetting.
Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn, #2)Ashes to Ashes (Burn for Burn, #3)
Fire with Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian: 4 stars, Similar to the first book I really enjoyed this one but the ending was once again sadder than it could have been.
Ashes to Ashesby Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian:  4 stars, This was a very good ending to the series but I didn't like that a supernatural element was added in.



Clare:
Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)The WardenAssassin's Gambit (Hearts and Thrones, #1)
Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard: 2 stars, I think this series just wasn't for me. I see why it's so popular but I struggled to finish this, the main character didn't appeal to me and I just felt so much deja vu.
The Warden by Anthony Trollope: 3.5 stars, This was my classic read for March and I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to, the premise sounds like it will be overly religious and ever so slightly boring but it absolutely wasn't. The characters are interesting and there are funny and moving moments. I am very emotionally attached which is why I am reading the second book in the series for April. 
Assassin's Gambit by Amy Raby: 3 stars, It was a little drawn out in places but the main character was all kinds of amazing and I liked the fantasy and political elements which were unexpected.
Spy's Honor (Hearts and Thrones, #2)
Spy's Honor by Amy Raby: 3 stars, This got off to a slower start than the first book and I didn't love the romance in this one but the intrigue and spying were enjoyable.


Next Week on the Blog:
  • Top 5 Rainy Day Reads
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Friday Reads


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

10 comments:

  1. The Borgias series does sound interesting. Hope you enjoy!
    Bambi's STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its going to be my next read and I am definitely hoping I love it!

      Delete
  2. Awesome haul of books. It looks you guys read some interesting books and got some great ones. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we both had a really great reading week and whilst we didn't buy many books this week those we got are very exciting!

      Delete
  3. Assassin's Gambit looks good, and I read a little Jenny Han in that holiday anthology that came out a year or two ago edited by Stephanie Perkins I think it was. Have a great week and looking forward to seeing Italy pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that anthology too! She has another anthology coming out this Summer which I am looking forward to. Assassin's Gambit was a lot of fun! The sequels were a tiny bit disappointing but overall I enjoy them.

      Delete
  4. Great update! The Vatican Princess by C.W. Gortner sounds interesting….
    Happy Reading!
    New Bloglovin Follower!
    My Sunday Catch Up Post! @ Paulette’s Papers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! The Vatican Princess was amazing, I will have a full review up for it this coming thursday!

      Delete