Saturday 2 April 2016

March Favourites and April TBR

March Favourites:

Ann:

This month I read 9 books, all of which I really enjoyed. So I picked my 3 favorites which are below. All of my top 3 were 5 star books.
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1)Passenger (Passenger, #1)
1) Cinder by Marissa Meyer 
I have loved all of the books in this series so far but I couldn't pick them all as my top 3 so I went with the first one.
2) Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
This is one of the best books I have read this year I loved it so so much. It was amazing. Also I read it faster than Clare did which is a miracle.
3) Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
I read most of this book in one go when I only meant to read a few pages but had read nearly all of it before I realised. 

Clare: 

This month I read a total of 22 books; a huge amount of which were five and four star reads so I had a really good reading month and it was hard to narrow it down to my absolute top 3 but here they are!
The Steep & Thorny WayLady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1)These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks, #1)
1) The Steep & Thorny Way by Cat Winters
I love, love, love Cat Winters and this was, as expected, amazing. I can't say too much about it because I want to avoid spoilers but it's a retelling of Hamlet and it has some wonderful characters.
2) Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
Another one I had expected to love and did. The Shadowhunter world is one that I always love returning to and this book introduced a lot of new and very interesting characters.
3) These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas
The moment I finished this book I wanted more. It was so good and interesting and it sucks that I have to wait so long for a sequel!



April TBR:


Ann:


Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
I am not sure what I am going to be reading for April but I will definitely be reading Cress, Winter and Fairest in the Lunar Chronicles which I am very excited to read and like Clare I will also be reading City of Bones.

Clare:


The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)Lost Among the LivingCity of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
Both The Glittering Court and Lost Among the Living are new releases for April that I am very, very excited for. I love both these authors and I have very high hopes. Ann and I are also starting a re-read of the Shadowhunters books starting of course with City of Bones. 

Classics:


Ann:


A Tale of Two Cities
Last Month I Read: A Tale Of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

I didn't get to finish it this month but so far I have really enjoyed it and am going to be reading it in April.
This Month I Am Reading: A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
I am hoping to finish it this month and am loving it so far. This is one of Clare's favourite books and I see why.

Clare:

The WardenBarchester Towers (Chronicles of Barsetshire #2)
Last Month I Read: The Warden by Anthony Trollope
The premise of this doesn't sound all that exciting but I really enjoyed this read and I found the writing style easy to engage with. It's not going to be one of my all time favourite Classics but it is an introduction to a series I think I'm going to end up loving.
This Month I Am Reading: Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope
I enjoyed The Warden enough that I want to go ahead and continue the series so this month I will be reading the second book in the Barsetshire Chronicles which is apparently Trollope's most well known and possibly best regarded work so I definitely have high hopes. It's quite a bit  longer than The Warden but hopefully with his easy writing style it wont be a struggle at all.


Let me know in the comments what books you really enjoyed in March and what you are planning on reading this month! 


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

2 comments:

  1. YES for the Lunar Chronicles. I sound like a broken record when I profess my love for them. :-)
    Happy April, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I love them too! I've been annoying Ann for ages by pestering her to read them and now she can see I was right! :)

      Delete