Sunday 17 April 2016

Sunday Post 17th April 2016

The Sunday Post STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it.

Last Week on the Blog:


Books We Got This Week:
Wolf By Wolf (Wolf By Wolf, #1)In the Dark, In the Woods
From Netgalley:
King Slayer by Virginia Boecker: No, I haven't read the first book yet but I have it waiting for me on my shelf and I NEED to read it soon! Having the sequel is added incentive!
Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin: Just yes. I have heard literally nothing but great things about this. My hopes could not be much higher at this point.
In the Dark, In the Woods by Eliza Wass: This sounds creepy, and culty and very intriguing and I am excited to read it soon!
HEXThe Crown Tower (The Riyria Chronicles, #1)The Lynmara Legacy
Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt: Received by Hodder & Stoughton this looks amazing! We read the first sentence and were immediately completely absorbed!
The Crown Tower by Michael J. Sullivan: We went to a National Trust property on Saturday and they had a used book section where I found the next few books! This sounds exactly like my kind of thing!
The Lynmara Legacy by Catherine Gaskin: Very gothic sounding and fun so I definitely want to read this soon!
Snobbery with ViolenceHasty DeathSick of Shadows (An Edwardian Murder Mystery, #3)
Snobbery with Violence/Hasty Death/Sick of Shadows by M.C. Beaton: I've actually already read these (and the fourth book) but I wanted to own them because they're very fun reads and I love these covers.



Reading Update:
Ann:
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)A Need So Beautiful (A Need So Beautiful, #1)
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: 4 stars, As I thought I loved it just as much as the first time I read it. I think I always will - and all the characters in it.
A Need so Beautiful by Suzanne Young: 4 stars, This book took me a while to read because I was in a reading slump after finishing Winter but overall I enjoyed it and I really liked the ending.

Clare:
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)The Lie and the Lady (Winner Takes All, #2)
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: 4 stars, I was worried that I wouldn't like this as much the second time around but it was just as much fun and the characters all felt so wonderfully familiar this time.
The Lie and the Lady by Kate Noble: 3.5 stars, A cheat because I still have a few pages left but I am going to finish it by the end of the day! My review for this should be up on Thursday!

Next Week on the Blog:
  • Cover Characteristic: Alcoholic Beverages
  • Top Ten Books That Will Make You Laugh
  • Top 5 Books We're Intimidated By
  • Wednesday Catch Up
  • Review: The Lie and the Lady by Kate Noble
  • Friday Reads
  • Marvel Characters Book Tag

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

8 comments:

  1. King Slayer is new to me and looks good, like the cover. And In The Dark, In Woods- I agree that does sound kinda fun. :)

    Marvel Characters book tag? That sounds fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally love Marvel and Ann recently discovered it (plus Civil War is coming out soon) so we thought it was a good time! I do love the cover for King Slayer as well. I am hoping I enjoy them all! :)

      Delete
  2. The Crown Tower was very good. I enjoyed that book a lot. I loved the Witch Hunter, so expecting King Slayer to be very good.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Crown Tower sounds like a great read! I haven't read The Witch Hunter but I have high hopes for it and for King Slayer!

      Delete
  3. I am so jealous of everyone hauling Hex. At least I can grab a copy for my Kindle by the end of the month. I hope it's as good as I want it to be! Great haul. Love the covers on the Beaton books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the first sentence is anything to go by its going to be a great book!

      Delete
  4. My first comment seems to have gotten eaten when I clicked "preview" :( So I'll try again. Wolf By Wolf does sound very interesting! I've also just added Hex to my wishlist - sounds great :D

    http://natalieslife.com/2016/04/rt-booklovers-convention-2016

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your first comment! Wolf by Wolf has been popping up everywhere lately so I definitely want to read it soon and Hex sounds amazing - glad you added it to your wishlist.

      Delete