Sunday 10 April 2016

Sunday Post 10th April 2016

The Sunday Post STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it.

I fully intended to add some pictures of my holiday here but we left our hotel at 10 am yesterday and didn't get home until 5 am today so I am a little bit tired. I will be doing a full post full of pictures sometime next week or you can have a look at my instagram (@dualreads) since I have uploaded some there.

Last Week on the Blog:



Books We Got This Week:
Clare:
Way Down Dark  (The Australia Trilogy, #1)The Silvered HeartJane Steele
Way Down Dark by J.P. Smythe: Received from Hodder & Stoughton, this sounds like a very interesting dystopian. It's been a while since I've read a dystopian I loved and I am hoping this will be it!
The Silvered Heart by Katherine Clements: Received from headline review, I actually very nearly brought this at the airport only to get home and find I had received it for review which was a lovely surprise. I am very excited to get into this one!
Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye: Received from headline review, I have been beyond excited for this one for so long and I was very pleased to get this as well.
The Lie and the Lady (Winner Takes All, #2)Lost Among the LivingThe Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
The Lie and the Lady by Kate Noble: Received from headline eternal, I love romance books. This is the second book in the series although I haven't read the first but I hope to enjoy this very much.
Lost Among the Living by Simone St. James: I have had this pre-ordered for what feels like forever. I love Simone St. James so I am definitely excited for this!
The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead: Another pre-order, this looks amazing and, yet again, I am excited!

Reading Update:
Ann:
Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5)Dangerous GirlsTo All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)
Fairest by Marissa Meyer: 4 stars, At first I felt sorry for Levana but as the book went on it all started to make me feel less sorry for her. Not the best book in the series but enjoyable.
Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas: 4 stars, This was surprisingly good. I loved that it was so uncertain throughout the book whether she was innocent or not. Overall a very good book.
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han: 4 stars, It was a good book and I love that the characters develop and become better people.
P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2)Four: A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4)Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han: 4 stars, Good book, characters were a bit over the top and unrealistic in places but it was still a very good book. The main character was a lot more jealous than most normal relationships should be. But overall the book was good.
Four by Veronica Roth: 4 stars, I liked this book although I rarely read from a male perspective so it was odd for me. 
Winter by Marissa Meyer: 5 stars, I loved this book so so much it was such an amazing end to an amazing series. The only bad thing is that the series is now over. Overall I really enjoyed this.

Clare:
Prince's Fire (Hearts and Thrones, #3)The Vatican PrincessBecause of Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys & Bridgertons, #1)
Prince's Fire by Amy Raby: 2.5 stars, I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I liked the characters and the story was fine but it felt like it dragged and it was a tad predictable.
The Vatican Princess by C.W. Gortner: 5 stars, I fully and completely loved this. I will have my full review up on Thursday.
Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn: 3 stars, Not my favourite of hers but the humour and the romance were still there.

Next Week on the Blog:

  • Cover Characteristic: Bathrooms
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Top 5 Books With 'Hard Topics'
  • Review: The Vatican Princess by C.W. Gortner
  • Friday Reads

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

8 comments:

  1. Way Down Dark does look interesting. Sounds like you had a long trip home, hope it was a great vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, so much travelling but the holiday was worth it! Italy is incredibly beautiful and the food is amazing!

      Delete
  2. Lots of great books on your list! I hope you enjoy them.

    Sarah @ Anxious Canadian Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading The Glittering Court and it's really good. I hope you enjoy all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you're enjoying it! Definitely makes me want to pick it up as soon as possible!

      Delete
  4. Jane Steele is one that sounds so good! And I've got to hurry up and read on in the Lunar Chronicles series, I've only read Cinder so far. Great haul!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very excited for Jane Steele! And yes to the Lunar Chronicles - its one of my favourite series!

      Delete