Wednesday 4 May 2016

Wednesday Catch-Up 4th May 2016

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next? 

Clare:

Currently Reading:
Savage MagicDoctor Thorne (Chronicles of Barsetshire, #3)
I am almost done with Savage Magic by Lloyd Shepherd, to start with I thought it was a bit all over the place - but everything does tie together and make sense so I am enjoying it now. I have just started Doctor Thorne which is the third book in the Barchester Chronicles and my May Classics TBR read!

Recently Finished:
Death At Bishops Keep - The Victorian Mystery SeriesDeath at Gallows Green (The Victorian Mystery Series)Barchester Towers (Chronicles of Barsetshire #2)
I had a bit of a slow reading week this week. I read Death at Bishop's Keep in one day and really enjoyed it, but Death at Gallows Green took me the rest of the week, and I found I just wasn't as absorbed in it - perhaps I was just not in the right mood for it? I do want to continue the series but I am not sure it's a priority. I also finished Barchester Towers which I enjoyed, though not as much as I enjoyed the first book in the series.


Planning to Read Next:

The Suicide ClubDead Cold (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #2)The Detective's Daughter
I am planning to move on to some more modern mysteries next, since I have been pretty much only reading historical novels. The Suicide Club is set during World War 1 so still historical but both Dead Cold and The Detective's Daughter are, I believe, modern. This isn't a genre I've really read before so I am interested to see what I think! Also the blurbs promising "twists and turns and suspense" and "a haunting novel driven by a simple but clever plot" intrigue me a lot. 


Ann:

Currently Reading:
City of Masks (Stravaganza, #1)Heat Wave (Nikki Heat, #1)Les Misérables
I am currently reading City of Masks which I have only read a few pages of but so far am enjoying and look forward to reading the rest of the books in the series. I am also reading Heat Wave which I am loving and am so happy to finally be able to read as I am a big fan of the TV series Castle. I am really enjoying the plot of the book so far and am exited to read the other two books I have in the series. I am also going to be starting Les Miserables this month and am really hoping to be able to finish it although I may spread it out over two months.

Recently Finished:
Confessions of a Murder Suspect (Confessions, #1)The Swan Kingdom


Recently I finished reading Confessions of a Murder Suspect which was such a fun read as it had just the right amount of funny moments while remaining serious and suspenseful. I also liked the fact it only gave you some facts about her past at a time making it harder to figure out although I did have a hunch about what had happened and my hunch was right. I also recently finished The Swan Kingdom which was confusing in places but I did still really enjoy it. 

Planning to Read Next:

I am leaving this open for now. I have just started two great series that I may want to continue or I might feel like reading something else!

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with Les Mis! That's a huge undertaking. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Ann does well with it! It's one of my favourite Classics, although yeah kinda huge!

      Delete