Wednesday 25 May 2016

Wednesday Catch-Up 25th May 2016

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next?

Clare:

Currently Reading:
Only Beloved (The Survivors' Club, #7)
I am currently reading Only Beloved by Mary Balogh which is the final book in her Survivors series which I have greatly enjoyed. I am hoping to enjoy this latest installment as well.

Recently Finished:
Every Other DayDemon Road (Demon Road, #1)The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)Zeroes (Zeroes, #1)
The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)Regency BuckThe Grand SophyTangled Reins (Regency, #1)
Four In Hand (Mira)Impetuous Innocent (Mira)Fair Juno (Regency, #4)The Reasons For Marriage (Regencies, #5; Lester Family, #1)
A Lady Of Expectations (Regencies, #6; Lester Family, #2)An Unwilling Conquest (Regencies, #7; Lester Family, #3)A Comfortable Wife (Lester Family, #4)Dangerous
MischiefMistressRavishedRendezvous
I enjoyed Every Other Day I thought it was a fun and exciting read. I was less immersed in Demon Road which I think was just not for me, it was promising but I never really liked the characters. I then read The Angel Experiment which was my first James Patterson and I was definitely pleased with it. I do want to continue the series but since I am saving for a new laptop book buying may be on hold for a while! I found Zeroes to be an odd one - I liked the concept but I did not like the characters so I am still unsure about it as a whole. I then finally read The Hidden Oracle which I have been excited for. It was just as funny and engaging as I expected and I look forward to the series  continuing. I then re-read both Regency Buck and The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer which are two of my favourites! And then, since I was in a lazy reading mood I re-read the Regency series by Stephanie Laurens which only took me a couple of days. I also re-read some of my Amanda Quick novels which were fun.

Planning to Read Next:
A School for Unusual Girls (Stranje House, #1)Struck (Struck, #1)Shaken (Struck, #3)
I am planning to read A School for Unusual Girls next. I haven't heard much about this book but the premise intrigues me. I will then read Struck and Shaken by Joss Stirling who is one of my favourite authors when it comes to light reading.


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

4 comments:

  1. I see you and I had a similar experience with Zeroes! I just felt like the book didn't start in the right place. It was like there was a prologue missing which would have introduced me to each of the characters and made me care about them :-(

    Here's my WWW: https://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2016/05/25/www-wednesday-25th-may-2016/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly it. The characters needed more of an introduction, by the time I actually started to care about them it was the end of the book!

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoyed 'Maximum Ride.' I've only heard about these books but never read one. From what I can see, they have a huge following! Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy it, I've heard mixed things about the end of the series but I am definitely interested enough to continue!

      Delete