Sunday 29 May 2016

Sunday Post 29th May 2016

The Sunday Post STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it.

Last Week on the Blog:

Books We Got This Week:
Struck (Struck, #1)Shaken (Struck, #3)At First Sight
Struck/Shaken by Joss Stirling: I love Joss Stirlings books - they're light and often a little on the predictable side but they're fun and always a read in one sitting kind of book. These are the first and third books in this series (I've already read the second). 
At First Sight by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: Having read and enjoyed Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes last week I wanted to check out more of her books and this, with assassins, sounds perfect for me.
A School for Unusual Girls (Stranje House, #1)Only Beloved (The Survivors' Club, #7)The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1)
A School for Unusual Girls by Kathleen Baldwin: I've been wanting to check out this book for a while so finally decided to do so.
Only Beloved by Mary Balogh: This is the last (I think) book in the Survivors series and the only one I haven't read yet. I am very excited for this one.
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon: This was a bit of an impulse buy. I have been interested in this series but wasn't intending to read it yet. But a Hardback for £2.00 was too good to pass up!

Reading Update:
Ann:
The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, #3)The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus, #4)The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)
The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan: 5 stars, I loved this book and everything about it what more can I say. 
The House of Hades by Rick Riordan: 5 stars, I am his really living this series and all the characters and the fact that although there are a lot of characters I still know who is who. 
The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan: 5 stars, This was a great ending to the series and I am excited to read Trials of Apollo soon. 

Clare:
I have been feeling very lazy this week and have been dipping in and out of old favourites. So whilst I've read quite a lot of books this week, I haven't read any new books. 

Next Week on the Blog:

  • Cover Characteristic: Benches
  • Top Ten Books We Plan to Read at the Beach
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Clare Reviews: Hello, Goodbye and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith
  • Friday Reads
  • Ruler of Books Tag

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

12 comments:

  1. Great Haul! I still haven't read anything by Rick Riordan but I hope you enjoy them all :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved them all, and I recommend that you read some of his work soon. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Your books look fun- I like the sound of At First Sight (interesting blurb) and those Stirling cover are kinda cool too! And I did like school for Unusual Girls, so I hope you do too. I like that first Riordan cover a lot too, don't think I've seen that one.

    I hope you're having good luck with Cover Characteristics: Benches, I'm having a little trouble with that one this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard much about School for Unusual Girls so I am glad to hear you liked it!
      Not having a great deal of luck with Benches yet! I have thought of one but I think I may have to search my shelves for others! Look forward to seeing what you find!

      Delete
  3. Your books look like fun reads. I Hope you enjoy it.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I really did enjoy them all, they were all 5 stars. Have fun reading. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Lots of good read here! I love the Joss Stirling covers.

    I bought all the Percy Jackson books when they where on special offer so if the are good I will start on the Olympus ones too!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have given all of them so far 5 stars because I loved them all. I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. I am loving Samantha Shannon's debut series so far! Wishing for the next book for like, forever. o_o I got the second Stranje book by Baldwin, I'm wondering if I *need* to read book one... eh. So many books to read. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Clare!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard great things about The Bone Season! I am always wary of long series though - hate the wait. I think the Stranje books can be read as stand-alones. They follow different characters.

      Delete
  6. Ooo... I love those Heroes of Olympus covers! I've never seen them like that before. I hope you guys enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have to agree they are really beautiful covers, sadly they don't belong to me they are Clares. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete