Wednesday 18 May 2016

Wednesday Catch-Up 18th May 2016

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next?

Clare:

Currently Reading:
Every Other DayDoctor Thorne (Chronicles of Barsetshire, #3)
I am about to start reading Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes which, I believe, is a stand-alone novel about a girl who hunts demons. Which sounds very Supernatural/City of Bones which naturally appeals to me! I've never read anything by Jennifer Lynn Barnes before but I have heard good things so I am hopeful. I am also reading Doctor Thorne. I've actually not read any of it the last couple of days so I definitely need to catch up!

Recently Finished:
HEXTen Front Lines (Soldier Girl, #1)Rose Under Fire (Code Name Verity, #2)Love, Lies and SpiesThe Unexpected EverythingHello, Goodbye, and Everything in BetweenExit, Pursued by a BearRadio SilenceOut of ControlConspiracy GirlTangled SoulsThe Dark Vampire (Last True Vampire, #3)Legally Blonde
The first book I read this week was Hex which was definitely a difficult read. It was very unsettling and horrifying which I should have expected but didn't. I will have a full review up for this next Thursday (26th). I then read Ten by Gretchen McNeil which I enjoyed. It had its faults but it was fun and light and I read it super quickly. I then read Front Lines which was a very well-written read with plenty of action and some great characters. I never knew what to expect and it was quite emotional at times. I am excited for the rest of that series. I then read Rose Under Fire which is a brilliant book, but it made me a bit depressed and so I had to change to read a slightly more cheerful book. And Love, Lies and Spies certainly delivered on that, it was such a great, fun read with some really amazing characters. The Unexpected Everything was a great read, it was both emotional and funny and I really enjoyed the romance, although the friendship was the real highlight. Hello, Goodbye and Everything in Between was surprisingly emotional, I actually cried which shows how attached to the characters I was. Exit, Pursued by a Bear was brilliant. Plenty of strong characters and a very important story. I then moved on to Radio Silence by Alice Oseman which was, again filled with great characters. Alice always seems to write very realistic feeling characters so I forget for a time that I am reading fiction. I then read Out of Control and Conspiracy Girl which were very exciting and fun books to read and then moved on to Tangled Souls which was a fairly disappointing read. It needed a lot of editing and I didn't fall for the main characters. I then read an exciting and romantic book - The Dark Vampire by Kate Baxter. I was sent this for review and I will be writing my review soon. And finally I read Legally Blonde. Legally Blonde is one of my all time favourite movies and I was intrigued to see if I liked the book. In the end, I enjoyed it but I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more had I not seen the film. There were a few differences and whilst I liked some of them I missed some of the other plot points. 

Planning to Read Next:
Demon Road (Demon Road, #1)The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)
Next I am planning to read Demon Road (more demon hunting), The Angel Experiment which I have heard great things about and The Hidden Oracle which I am crazy, stupid excited for because Rick Riordan has not yet let me down.


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

12 comments:

  1. WOW! How many books?!?!
    I love the look of Love, Lies and Spies - I'm really glad you enjoyed it :-) I'm going to add that to my TBR for a time I need cheering up.

    Thanks for visiting my WWW (https://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2016/05/18/www-wednesday-18th-may-2016/) and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did Bout of Books last week so my reading amount was definitely up! Love, Lies and Spies was great and definitely a good book for cheering you up!

      Delete
  2. Soooooo many books!Envy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It didn't know Legally Blonde was a book. Sorry it let you down some. I hope the Riordin can pick you up. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good book it just didn't live up to the film unfortunately! The Riordan will almost definitely be amazing!

      Delete
  4. OMG how many books have you read in a week?? wow, I don't read that many in a month!
    I never knew Legally Blonde was a book either so thanks for sharing that little revelation.

    Thanks for visiting my WWW - https://bookboodle.co.uk/2016/05/18/www-wednesday-may-18th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read quite a lot this week thanks to a lot of spare time and the bout of books read-a-thon! Legally Blonde was quite good, if you like the film you will probably enjoy the book!

      Delete
  5. Wow, that's a LOT of books! I reread Code Name Verity and have been debating whether to read Rose Under Fire - had a feeling it would be a hard read emotionally. Will you be reviewing the Trollope book? I remember reading Barchester Towers quite a few years ago but haven't read him in so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very hard read emotionally! Definitely make sure yo are prepared for reading it! I am not sure whether I will be reviewing Trollope - I find it so hard to review Classics but I will probably do a mini review in my Wrap Up this month!

      Delete
  6. I'll have to try Legally Blonde, but I love the film so doubt it'll measure up for me either! Is Doctor Thorne any good? I quite liked the mini-series :)

    My WWW: http://whenitdoes.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/www-wednesdays-what-im-reading-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good book its just disappointing next to the film! I didn't know there was a mini-series I will definitely have to check it out - it is a good book!

      Delete