Friday 20 May 2016

Friday Reads 20th May 2016

Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice, the idea is to grab a book, turn to page 56 (or 56% in an e-book) and find any sentence (no spoilers!) and then post it. Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence and impressions about the book.

Clare:

The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)Zodiac (Zodiac, #1)City of Light (Outcast, #1)
I have just started reading The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan which I am very excited about. I love the idea of teenage Apollo and I am very glad to be returning to the Camp Half-Blood world!  When I have finished it I intend to read Zodiac by Romina Russell which I have been meaning to read for ages. I am not sure what to expect from it but I am hoping to enjoy it. And then I am going to read City of Light which I picked up on a whim a couple of weeks ago - again I am not really sure what it is about but I am excited to find out.

Book Beginning:
"My name is Apollo. I used to be a god." - The Hidden Oracle
Friday 56:
 "I knew running would not help. If it were possible to run from disease spirits, the medieval Europeans would've put on their sneakers and escaped the Black Death. (And FYI: the Black Death was not my fault. I took one century off to lie around the beach in Cabo and came back and found that the nosoi had got loose and a third of the continent was dead. Gods I was so irritated.) - The Hidden Oracle

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading 

14 comments:

  1. I am soo excited to read this book once i get my hands on it! Great post
    Here's mine: https://travellingthroughwords.wordpress.com/2016/05/20/book-beginnings-and-the-friday-56-amy-and-rogers-epic-detour-by-morgan-matson/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just as good as I expected! Hope you get to read it soon!

      Delete
  2. I admit that I haven't read anything by Rick Riordan yet, but I've heard a lot of good things about his books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love his writing, took me ages to read anything by him but I am very glad that I finally did!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like quite an exciting read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great read! Hope you had a good weekend!

      Delete
  4. The Rick Riordan book is quite popular -- happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Rick Riordan always seems to be very popular!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like there's a lot of humor in this book. This isn't my usual genre, but your excerpts make me want to know more about this story.
    My Friday post features THE LIE THAT TELLS A TRUTH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I held off reading Rick Riordan for ages because I don't usually read middle grade but now I love his writing and his humour!

      Delete
  6. I want to read all of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can at least say The Hidden Oracle is great! I just hope the others are as good! :)

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed both teasers from The Trials of Apollo - didn't know it was out but it sounds like a fun story. Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was just released recently, it was a great, fun story!

      Delete