Thursday 5 May 2016

April Favourites and May TBR

April Favourites:

Clare:
This month I read a total of 16 books. And I am now back on target for my Goodreads challenge which is great.
The Vatican PrincessLost Among the LivingThe Murder on the Links (Hercule Poirot, #2)
1) The Vatican Princess by C.W. Gortner
This was my one and only 5 star book this month and it was honestly amazing. I could go on for ages about all the ways I adored this book or if you like you can check out my review here to see my thoughts.
2) Lost Among the Living by Simone St. James
I love Simone St. James and I was so excited for this book. I gave it 4.5 stars in the end, I did enjoy her previous books a little bit more but it was still such an excellent and engaging read.
3) The Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie
April was the month of the Poirot-a-thon for me. I read 6 Poirot books in total and really enjoyed every single one of them. It was a toss up between this and Death in the Clouds but I finally settled on this one, if only because it was the one that kicked off the Poirot-a-thon!



Ann:
This month I read a total of 12 books which was good considering I had a lot of schoolwork to do.
Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)Confessions of a Murder Suspect (Confessions, #1)Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5)
1) Winter by Marissa Meyer
I loved this book and finished it in a day which is impressive for me considering it is like an 800 page book. I just loved everything about this book and am sad the series is over.
2) Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson
I only finished this recently but I gave it 5 stars as it was a really good mystery book where I had a hunch but I wasn't exactly 100 percent positive which I liked.
3) Fairest by Marissa Meyer
Although this book was only a 4 star book it was still one of my favourites this month as I really enjoyed having a back story for the bad guy. 

May TBR:

Clare:
I have a few pre-orders expected for May - so I am excited about reading them. I also have quite a few books left over from last month and a few for review so I think it's fair to say I have a busy month ahead of me! All three of these arrived this week and I am crazy excited for them which is why I chose them as my top 3 for May.
The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)The Unexpected Everything
1) The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
Any Rick Riordan book has me excited but a return to the world of Camp Half-Blood and another glimpse at Percy? Beyond excited.
2) A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Oh I am hoping for great things from this. I was already excited but the book is super long which is great and I am hoping for Feyre to switch sides - which might be interesting!
3) The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
I always enjoy Morgan Matson books so I am definitely excited for this one. It's another fairly long book as well.

Ann:
Naked Heat (Nikki Heat, #2)Deadly Heat (Nikki Heat, #5)City of Stars (Stravaganza, #2)
1) Naked Heat by Richard Castle
If this book is as good as Heat Wave then I will hopefully have read it very quickly.
2) Deadly Heat by Richard Castle
I am currently reading Heat Wave and am really enjoying it and am going to read the other two books that I have. I don't know what order they go in though. 
3) City of Stars by Mary Hoffman
I've been meaning to read this series for a long time now and so I  am going to try and finish the whole series this month.


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

4 comments:

  1. Hi Clare and Ann! I love your selection of books that you've read in April, Clare. The three that you have listed are either on my TBR or READ list. I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who loves Richard Castle. I've enjoyed Heat Wave, it's not whoah, but a fun read. It took me years to start watching the tv series. But now I can't stop and if I don't know what to watch, I just put a Castle on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy all those books! They were all amazing reads! I'll admit I don't really watch Castle but I am beginning to think I should!

      Delete
  2. You both did awesome. Ann, I loved The Lunar Chronicles myself, and Clare, I just bought A Court of Mist & Fury too! Can't wait to get to it!
    Happy May, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lunar Chronicles are amazing! And A Court of Mist & Fury is huge!

      Delete