Wednesday 5 October 2016

Wednesday Catch-Up 5th October 2016

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next? 

Ann:

Currently Reading:
Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
I am currently only reading one book which is Six Of Crows. I wasn't planning on reading this next but after Clare read Crooked Kingdoms I came home from school to find both books placed on my bed with a label on saying "Read Me". However I don't think it will take me long to finish and I love to read the books Clare recommends.

Recently Finished:
The Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed, #1)
I am currently in a reading mode which is great for me but inconvenient for school cause I should be doing homework. So I recently finished The Beautiful And The Cursed which I really enjoyed and am hoping to read the other two books in the series once I am done reading the books Clare has recommended.



Planning to Read Next: 
Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)The Lovely and the LostThe Wondrous and the Wicked
Next I plan on reading Crooked Kingdoms and The Lovely And The Lost both of which I am very excited to read although I am not sure how much I what to read Crooked Kingdom after seeing how much of a book hangover its put Clare into! However I love the sound of both books so will definitely will be reading them both.

Clare:

Currently Reading:
This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
My copy of This Savage Song is due back at the library next week so I definitely need to be reading this now. I am always hearing amazing things about V.E. Schwab's books and this tale of monsters sounds like it will be full of anti-heroes which I mentioned in yesterdays post that I absolutely loved. 

Recently Finished:
Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)Three Dark Crowns (Untitled, #1)
Crooked Kingdom broke me then put me back together only to break me again and now I feel... wrung dry. Genuinely one of my worst book hangovers. Crooked Kingdom was everything I wanted it to be and more. It's not just my favourite book of the year so far but possibly just my favourite book. This duology is wonderful. If you haven't read it already - read it! Please! 
Next I read Three Dark Crowns which was a definite change of pace. It is darker than I was expecting it to be but it was also very slow paced and character driven for the most part, though it did pick up towards the end. I was surprised to find Mirabelle was my favourite sister (I was expecting to prefer Katherine or Arsinoe) and I am definitely looking forward to the next book. 

Planning to Read Next: 
A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Untitled, #1)
The next book I am planning to read is A Court of Mist and Fury, however I keep putting it off as I am worried it will bring on a Crooked Kingdom style book-hangover but I definitely want to read it. I would then like to read Empire of Storms which I want to get to before I get spoiled for anything. I love Sarah J. Maas's writing and I am very much looking forward to this. Finally, I really want to read Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge. This is her newest book and is a retelling/reimagining of Romeo and Juliet. I have already read the prologue of this and I really enjoyed it so I am keen to read the rest of the story.

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

14 comments:

  1. Ann: Clare's done you a great favour, leaving you Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom. You won't be disappointed!! :-)

    If you enjoy This Savage Song and like stories with anti-heroes, check out Vicious by V. E. Schwab next. It's terrific.

    Thanks for visiting my WWW post (https://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2016/10/05/www-wednesday-5th-october-2016/) and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I am just so generous! Also, I really need to be able to talk about it with her!
      I have Vicious on my shelf so if I like This Savage Song I will definitely be checking it out soon!

      Delete
  2. I've been noticing Crooked Kingdom around...sounds like you really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing...and have a great week. Here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great read! The duology is probably my favourite, outside of Harry Potter! Which I feel is saying a lot! Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. I'm kinda excited about Three Dark crowns and thinking I might read that one now. I'm curious which sister I'll relate to or like the most. And I love that cover of The Wondrous and the Wicked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it, especially the change of pace after Crooked Kingdom! It's fairly uneventful for most of the book but if you connect to the characters you'll definitely still want to keep reading and the last bit is very eventful!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy Morgan's series and Schwab's book! I read one of hers and really enjoyed it. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read The Near Witch a while ago but I want to read more by her, especially as her recent stuff seems to be better loved!

      Delete
  5. I still need to read Six of Crows! I've had it on my TBR for so long now and I loved the Grisha trilogy!

    I've heard a lot of good things about Schwab books too. I still haven't read them, but I have them all. I should really start getting into them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six of Crows is even more amazing than the Grisha trilogy! Leigh Bardugo is just such a great writer! I always intend to read Schwab's books and then don't get around to it so I am glad to be finally reading it!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my WWW post!
    Great books lined up here! Most are ones I still need to get to ;)
    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many amazing books out at the moment! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. So many great books! I really need to read both Crooked Kingdom and This Savage Song ASAP, especially since V.E. Schwab and Leigh Bardugo are two of my favorite authors. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh Bardugo is definitely a favourite author of mine too! I haven't really tried V.E. Schwab before but I am excited to - from what I've heard she could quickly become a new favourite as well!

      Delete