Sunday 2 October 2016

Sunday Post 2nd October 2016

The Sunday Post STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it.

Last Week on the Blog:

Books We Got This Week:

Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)The CastawaysWhite Lies (Arcane Society, #2)
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo: My most anticipated read of the year easily! I am almost nervous to finish reading this!
The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand: If you read my review of The Rumour by Elin Hilderbrand you'll know I was impressed so when I saw this in a charity shop I picked it up. 
White Lies by Jayne Ann Krentz: I've enjoyed the books she has written under Amanda Quick and have been wanting to read her other books so I picked this up along with The Castaways.
The Lost Girl of Astor StreetTimekeeper (Timekeeper, #1)
The Lost Girl of Astor Street by Stephanie Morrill: I wished for this on Netgalley and was surprised the publisher granted the wish! It's not released until February but I may read it a bit sooner because it sounds amazing!
Timekeeper by Tara Sim: I was approved for this on Netgalley and I am really intrigued by it. Definitely want to see how the time mechanics work and find out more about the world. 

Reading Update:

Ann:
Love, Lies and Spies
Love Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey: 5 stars, I was in a bit of a reading slump recently and almost every book I started I got bored of but when I started reading this book I just loved the plot and the characters. It was a great book! I will have a full review up next week.

Clare:
Hard Rules (Dirty Money, #1)Sting
Hard Rules by Lisa Renee Jones: 3 stars, This got off to a slow start but by the end I was definitely invested. I am looking forward to continuing the series. I will have a review up for this soon!
Sting by Sandra Brown: 4 stars, A thrilling and tense read with plenty of twists. I wasn't as surprised by the twists as I would have liked but I did really care about the characters. I am excited to read more by Sandra Brown. Again, there will be a full review coming soon!

Next Week on the Blog:

  • Ann's September Wrap Up and October TBR
  • Top Ten Villain Protagonist Stories on my TBR
  • Top 5 Books That Took Longest to Finish
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Clare Reviews: You and Me, Always by Jill Mansell
  • Friday Reads
  • Ann Reviews: Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading 

6 comments:

  1. Timekeeper has me curious too, always like time travel, and Crooked Kingdom seems so hot right now I really should read the first one and see what all the hype is. :) Love that cover of The Lost Girl on Astor street.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time travel usually goes right over my head (just can't grasp the mechanics of it) but this sounds like a great new twist! Please read Six of Crows! I swear I am shoving it at everyone at the moment but it is such a great book!

      Delete
  2. I love Jayne Ann Krentz's books, and hope to get the newest one soon....I didn't get it from NetGalley, so I'll have to wait for the release date.

    I got Sting this week. Eager to read it!

    Enjoy your reading, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a shame! Hopefully the release date isn't too far off! And it's good to know you enjoy her books.
      Sting was a really good read! Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. I want to cry! I won't be buying CK for a while *sobs* I've heard great things of Sandra Brown! I hope you guys enjoy the books!
    Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had CK pre-ordered since last year because I was just so desperate to read it! I hope you get to read it sooner than you expect to because it really was wonderful.

      Delete