Sunday 30 October 2016

Sunday Post 30th October 2016

STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it.

Ah the end of October!! Do you have any Halloween plans? I am sticking with my Tremors marathon and I am not sure yet what Ann is planning to do. It's finally (finally!) started to feel like Autumn here which I love - the leaves are falling and so, thankfully, are the temperatures! 

Last Week on the Blog:


Books We Got This Week:

So many books... So many. I bought all of these and in my defense the majority of them were from charity shops or just a really good deal! 
A Study in Scarlet Women (Lady Sherlock, #1)Autumn Thorns (Whisper Hollow #1)Florence GraceThe Thousandth Floor (The Thousandth Floor #1)My Lady Jane
 Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas: This was supposed to arrive last week but Amazon Prime delivery failed me and wasn't expecting to deliver it for at least a couple of weeks so I cancelled that order and got this from Book Depository instead. I am so, so excited for this. It's one of my most anticipated of the year.
Autumn Thorns by Yasmine Galenorn: I received the second book in this series for review last week so picked up a copy of the first book so I can read this series soon.
Florence Grace by Tracy Rees: I loved Tracy Rees' first book Amy Snow, which wound up being one of my favourite historicals, and I am hoping to enjoy this as much.
The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee: I have heard very mixed things about this one. But it was in the 3 for £10 section and it's such a pretty book. Besides, a futuristic Gossip Girl-esque book sounds very interesting.
My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows: Another one I've heard mixed things about, and I really am not a huge fan of this cover. But the paperback was in 3 for £10. I've heard this is very funny and I am looking forward to reading it.
The Female of the SpeciesSearching For a Silver LiningVictoriaWe Were On a BreakA Most Novel Revenge (Amory Ames Mystery #3)
The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis: Oh this book! I have been so excited to read this for the longest time! I can't even believe how long it took me to get a copy! 
Searching for a Silver Lining by Miranda Dickinson: I've read every Miranda Dickinson book so this was basically an auto-buy when I saw it in Tesco. Not even sure what it's about but I am sure I will enjoy it.
Victoria by Daisy Goodwin: So, so excited for this one. Daisy Goodwin wrote My Last Duchess which was great and worked on the TV show Victoria so I am confident this will be amazing.
We Were on a Break by Lindsey Kelk: Lindsey Kelk is up there with Sophie Kinsella and Gemma Burgess as one of my favourite chick-lit writers of all time so I am excited for this as well.
A Most Novel Revenge by Ashley Weaver: I loved the first two books in this series last week so I definitely needed to buy this. I have some pretty high hopes.
The Gypsy MadonnaThe Italian MatchmakerThe Summer HouseBlackhearts (Blackhearts, #1)
The Gypsy Madonna/The Italian Matchmaker/The Summer House by Santa Montefiore: I am a huge fan of Santa Montefiore and so is my best friend. I am going up to see my friend in December so will read these before then and take them up to her.
Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman: The hardback of this is insanely cheap so I had to?? I don't know. Pirates and historical and super beautiful cover so...

Reading Update:

Ann:
I have not managed to read anything this week as it was my school holiday this week so I was just relaxing and playing the xbox with my family!

Clare:
White Lies (Arcane Society, #2)
White Lies by Jayne Ann Krentz: 3 stars, This was a quick and enjoyable read. I didn't find myself sucked into the story and I felt like the relationship moved too fast into love but the mystery element was interesting and reading about psychics is always fun!

Next Week on the Blog:

  • Top Ten Books to Read if You're Book Club Likes ...
  • Wednesday Catch - Up
  • Top 5
  • Clare's October Wrap Up and November TBR
  • Friday Reads
  • Ann's October Wrap Up and November TBR

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

8 comments:

  1. It is definitely feeling like autumn here- it's cooled WAY down especially the last few days. And yeah the leaves are all over- love it! I'm looking forward to halloween but will probably just hand out candy and hopefully watch or read something suspenseful. :) Tremors sounds pretty good!

    I saw a really good review for The Female of the Species over at It Starts At Midnight. and A Most Novel Revenge and Blackhearts look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am weird because I love Halloween but I never do anything for Halloween really! I've been to one Halloween party in my life and have never gone trick or treating! But I love the Halloween books and movies!
      I will have to go check out that review - I am hoping to read The Female of the Species next although I am worried it will send me into another book hangover! I am also excited for A Most Novel Revenge and Blackhearts!

      Delete
  2. Nice haul! Victoria looks like something I might love! The series starts airing next week in my country, soooo excited about that! Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yay! Hope you enjoy it! Jenna Coleman is a great actress! Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. You've got some great books to read! I just read Victoria and really liked it. I am so excited to see the TV series. I also recently read A Most Novel Revenge (love that series!) and Amy Snow. I liked A Study in Scarlet Women too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you enjoyed Victoria! I hope you enjoy the TV series as well! The Amory Ames series is so great, I agree! And glad to hear you enjoyed A Study in Scarlet Women - I am very excited for that one!

      Delete
  4. I'm very much looking forward to My Lady Jane and Ashley Weaver's cover?! That IS gorgeous. (Makes me want to check into a new series I know nothing of!) Also, Blackhearts sounds really interesting! Great haul - and thanks so much for the Finding Wonderland follow, Clare. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole series has such great covers! I definitely recommend the series as well! Blackhearts has been on my wishlist for a while and I am so glad to finally own it - I love the cover for that one! Thanks for following us as well!

      Delete