Wednesday 19 October 2016

Wednesday Catch-Up 19th October 2016

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next? 

Currently Reading:
Murder at the Brightwell (Amory Ames Mystery, #1)
I am only one chapter in to Murder at the Brightwell but already I am loving it. The first chapter did a great job of setting up the main characters and their relationships and I am looking forward to getting in to the action!

Recently Finished:
A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5)The Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1)
Her Royal SpynessA Royal Pain (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #2)Royal Flush (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #3)
I finished A Court of Mist and Fury at the beginning of the week and loved it! As soon as Rhysand appeared everything became wonderful and exciting and I just really enjoyed this. And then the ending was so dramatic and cliff-hanger-y so I definitely can't wait for the next book! To avoid a book hangover I then picked up Do You Want to Start a Scandal which was just as light and fun as I had expected. I already want to do a re-read of both the Castles Ever After and Spindle Cove series' (this book was sort of a link between the two). I then read the first three books in the Royal Spyness series which were Her Royal Spyness, A Royal Pain and A Royal Flush. These were very quick and fun reads and I did like the main character but I never felt fully invested in the books as a whole and the mysteries were fairly tame.

Planning to Read Next:
Death Wears a Mask (Amory Ames Mystery, #2)Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)White Lies (Arcane Society, #2)
Next I want to read Death Wears a Mask which is the sequel to Murder at the Brightwell. If I enjoy these two books I will have to grab a copy of A Most Novel Revenge which was released on the 11th October. I pre-ordered Gemina and it should be arriving tomorrow so I know I will be reading this almost as soon as it arrives! I loved Illuminae and I have high hopes for this. And finally I would like to read White Lies by Jayne Ann Krentz, I wasn't planning on reading this so soon but it just really appeals to me at the moment. 


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading 

18 comments:

  1. It looks like you have some good reading ahead! Thanks for stopping by:)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really looking forward to my next few reads!

      Delete
  2. Murder at the Brightwell looks interesting! I'm going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard some amazing things about it this past week and I am loving it so far!

      Delete
  3. Love the look of Murder at Brightwell...and I also love Jayne Ann Krentz. Must check out that book...I don't think I've read it.

    The Rhys Bowen books are very tempting as well. Thanks for sharing, and here's MY WWW POST



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just finished Murder at the Brightwell and the sequel and can say that I thought they were great! Left me with such a smile on my face!

      Delete
  4. I like ACOMAF much more than ACOTAR (mainly because I didn't buy the Tamlin-Feyre relationship, it felt off... well, turns out that was planned!). Can't wait for book 3! :-)
    I have another Agatha Christie planned before the end of the year - she's very reliable.
    Thanks for visiting my WWW post (https://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2016/10/19/www-wednesday-19th-october-2016/) and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACOMAF was so much better than ACOTAR and looking back it's interesting to see the tiny flaws in her relationship with Tamlin! Book 3 is sure to be amazing!
      Agatha Christie is such a good mystery writer - she is one of the few where you very rarely solve the mystery before the detective does which I love!

      Delete
  5. Gemina is one I'm looking forward to- I can't wait to se what happens next in that story! And I haven't read death Wears A Mask yet even though I loved Brightwell- I need to get on that. White Lies has a nice cover... enjoy the reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited for Gemina! But I just learned that my copy has been delayed for a couple of days which sucks! Death Wears a Mask was a great follow-up!

      Delete
  6. Wow that is a great selection of books you've read. I like the sound of White Lies too - I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed her books under the name of Amanda Quick so I am interested to see how this one compares!

      Delete
  7. I love a court of mist and fury! Looks like you had a good reading week. happy reading!
    Here is my WWW: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/www-wednesday9603245

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of great titles featured. I love when a book feels like a hit from the get go. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm seeing Gemina everywhere and I keep thinking I want to read that series because it's so unusual. How fun that the authors thought of doing something like that. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when authors choose to do something unusual - especially when it works as well as it does in the Illuminae Files!

      Delete