Thursday 27 October 2016

November Releases to Get Excited About!

October was a huge month for new releases and in comparison November feels a little bare (which is a huge relief to my bank balance) but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of books to get excited for, so maybe my bank balance shouldn't relax just yet. 

1st November:
Den of Wolves (Blackthorn & Grim, #3)The Diabolic
Den of Wolves by Juliet Marillier: This is the third book in the Blackthorn & Grim series. I haven't actually read the first two yet so I don't know much about this series but I've loved other books by Juliet Marillier and her writing is always beautiful so this is definitely a series I want to read.
The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid: This is one I wasn't all that excited about at first. But the more I hear about it the more I want to read it. This is about Nemesis who is, I think an android or something very like that, and has been created to protect Sidonia. And in order to protect her she must impersonate her... which means pretending to be human.

3rd November:
An Illustrated History of Notable Shadowhunters and Denizens of DownworldYesternightThe Liberation
An Illustrated History of Notable Shadowhunters & Denizens of Downworld by Cassandra Clare and Cassandra Jean: One heck of a title. I think at this point I am basically just going to buy anything related to the Shadowhunter series' and anything illustrated automatically appeals to me.
Yesternight by Cat Winters: Cat Winters never fails to impress me and I am beyond excited for this. I want to go into this one blind.
The Liberation by Kate Furnivall: Kate Furnivall is one of my favourite historical fiction writers. Plus this is set in Italy which I love and sounds like it will be an emotional and powerful story.

8th November:
Someone to Love (Westcott)HeartlessThe Chemist
Someone to Love by Mary Balogh: This is the first book in a new series from Mary Balogh. It follows Anna, an orphan, who suddenly inherits a fortune. I am sure this will be a lovely, romantic read.
Heartless by Marissa Meyer: One of my, and probably a lot of other people's, most anticipated releases of the year! The Lunar Chronicles were incredible and I am even more excited about this prequel to Alice in Wonderland which is about the Queen of Hearts, before she was the Queen of Hearts.
The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer: I have this weird love/hate relationship with Stephenie Meyer's books. This is a thriller novel about an ex-agent on the run from her former employers with nobody to trust. I am interested to see how Stephenie Meyer transitions from Young Adult to Adult Thriller novels. 
Timekeeper (Timekeeper, #1)Dead Girls SocietyAll in Pieces
TimeKeeper by Tara Sim: Books about time (particularly time travel) never fail to baffle me. No matter how many I read I never begin to understand it. This, as far as I can gather, is about a world in which clocks directly influence time, so when a clock becomes faulty it's a very big problem. This is also an LGBT book which is exciting.
Dead Girls Society by Michelle Krys: There is a lot of hype surrounding this one. The blurb sounds to me a little bit like Nerve - with the main character completing a series of dares to win money. Only once you've started there is no backing out. 
All in Pieces by Suzanne Young: I loved The Program duology from Suzanne Young and this sounds like it will be just as good. It involves a girl with "anger management problems" fighting to keep control of her life and to keep her little brother safe. 

15th November:
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy: 10 short stories set in the Shadowhunter world. I've heard that some of these are important to the overall plot of the series and some others are presumably just fun extras. I love this series so am excited for this.

18th November:
The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
The Case of Beasts by Mark Salisbury: Anyone else extremely excited for the Fantastic Beasts movie? This is an officially licensed behind the scenes look at the film and features some removal fascimile reproductions of props. 

22nd November:
Of Fire and StarsScythe
Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst: This is just... It has the potential to be amazing. It's about Denna who has a secret magic and is betrothed to a Prince. But then she starts to have feelings for his sister.
Scythe by Neal Shusterman: I have never read any Neal Shusterman before despite hearing great things. But a story about a world in which death doesn't exist - and people can only die when killed by a Scythe sounds intriguing to me.


Let me know if there are any releases in November that you're excited about and if you've already had a chance to read any of these let me know what you thought of them! 

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any Shusterman either, but I have an arc of Scythe. It seems really cool! I hope it lives up to my expectations. I also have an arc of The Diabolic. I haven't read it yet, but my friends adored it! I'm planning on reading it in November for Sci-FI Month. You got a lot here that I haven't heard of before! I'll have to check them out. Great list Clare! 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you enjoy Scythe and The Diabolic! I look forward to seeing what you think of them!

      Delete
  2. Den of Wolves has such a beautiful cover. And I just saw a really good review of Heartless yesterday, I have to say the whole pre- Queen of Hearts thing is interesting. Also- Dead Girls Society. I hope it's good and you're right, it could be a lot like Nerve. I hope it has it's own little twist or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so beautiful! I think Heartless could be one of my favourite books of the year if it's as good as it sounds!
      I hope Dead Girls Society is more original than it sounds at the moment as well. I've heard a lot of hype about it so fingers crossed its good!

      Delete