Wednesday 5 October 2016

Top 5 Books That Took Longest To Finish

Top 5 Wednesdays are hosted by GingerReadsLainey here. I am usually a fast reader so this was a hard list to put together and it definitely seems to be mostly Classic reads!

1. Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery
Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1)
This book was one of the first ever classics that I read so I had to continue rereading parts of the old fashioned language that I didn't understand at first. But I ended up really enjoying this and I definitely want to continue the series at some point.


2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Jane Eyre
I love this book but when I read it recently it still took a really long time to finish because I always find that when I read a classic I struggle to read them quickly so although I enjoyed it I took my time finishing it.

3. Pathfinder by Angie Sage
PathFinder
I read this book last year but I was in a odd reading mood at the time so I kept pausing to read other books so all in all it took me a really long time to finish!

4. The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
The Neverending Story
I read this when I was younger and it took me a lot longer to finish books then so it took me a long time to finish but I really enjoyed it.

5. The Secret Diary Of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su
The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet
I don't remember this book taking me that long to read but when I check Goodreads I took about 6 months to finish it which is probably because like Pathfinder I read it in intervals. However I also loved this book a lot.

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

6 comments:

  1. My biggest problem with finishing books is classics. For some reason they bore me (usually) and I have to drag through them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I used to have that problem but after I read Anne of Green Gables I started really enjoying them!

      Delete
  2. Oh the never ending story! I haven't read it, but I think I watched the movie? If I'm correct, it was a really cute story; although if it's actually about death, sadness and generally terrible things - feel free to correct me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the book so long ago with Clare and I loved it. The movie was very good to though!

      Delete
  3. I have books which goodreads have told me took me four years to finish. Half the books on my currently reading shelf have been there forever!

    It took me a very long time to read Jane Eyre. But it took me longer to read Pride and Prejudice. Over a year. I wanted to read it but found my attention drifting every page or so.

    The book which ahs taken me the LONGEST to read is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I started it when I was 13. I'm now a month away from being 29 and I still having finished it despite picking up again every few months in an attempt to finally finish it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that definitely is a long time, I am sure you will finish it soon! I still have not read Pride and Prejudice, I really should soon. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete