Tuesday 18 October 2016

Top Ten Characters I'd Name a Pet or a Child After

Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and the Bookish - you can find this week's post here and a list of past and future topics here.


1) Pooka from Anastasia
I have wanted a dog called Pooka ever since I first saw this film (which is going back over a decade at least). It's one of my favourite films and I love Pooka so much. 

2) Cat from Breakfast at Tiffanys
This is much the same - except I only watched Breakfast at Tiffany's in my teens and have never read the book. So this isn't quite as long-standing a love. 

3) Hedwig from Harry Potter
An excuse to own an owl? Which, if I am honest, is clearly never going to happen. I love owls but not so much as a pet! 

4) Katniss from The Hunger Games
A Cat called Katniss. Because, puns? 

5) Toto from The Wizard of Oz
I seem to have a definite thing for getting attached to pets in movies and then just desperately wanting them in real life. Toto was clearly the best Wizard of Oz character.

6) Gizmo from Gremlins
I obviously don't so much want a Gremlin (waaaay too much responsibility thank you very much) but Gizmo would be a great name for maybe a hamster?


7) Luna from Harry Potter
Could work for either a pet or a child I guess. It's a really pretty name and Luna is such an amazing role model.

8) Isabella from Mortal Instruments
Mostly just a pretty name. Plus the character is pretty kick-ass.

9) Lily from The House of Mirth
Not as much of a role model but Lily is my favourite literary character. I just love her. 

10) Sansa from Game of Thrones
Sansa is so strong and her character growth is incredible. She is definitely my favourite (living) character on the show and I just want to cheer her on. Arya might have been a more normal-non-fantasy name and I do love Arya but Sansa is my baby so...

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading 

17 comments:

  1. Sansa's a good name, and Katniss too. And I like Cat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katniss sounds nice but I could never name a child after her! But a cat would be perfect! Sansa is probably my favourite of these though!

      Delete
  2. I saw somewhere that people in prison have very, very odd names. That's all that would keep me from naming my children these delightful names.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2011/02/top-ten-characters-id-name-my-children.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting fact! Is the theory that a lifetime of bullying drives them over the edge? But then with names getting objectively odder and odder it might flip and people with traditional names are the odd ones!

      Delete
  3. Gizmo is a perfect pet name. I really like cute names like that but my husband always wants them to have more "dignified" names. I did name Booker T after "Books" though. He's the perfect co-blogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I always prefer cute names for pets! Booker T is a great name!

      Delete
  4. Fun list. Luna is on mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! Pooka would be cute! I LOVE ANASTASIA! Great Top Ten :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rewatched it yesterday because of this post reminding me - and yep, still love it so freaking much!

      Delete
  6. Luna is such a lovely name!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/10/18/top-ten-tuesday-79/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sansa would be a great pet name. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of it as a child's name but yeah - I think it would definitely work for a pet as well! It would have to be a really dignified pet I think!

      Delete
  8. Clara from Heidi, and Anne from Anne of GreenGables!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a cat named Gizmo. I really like your choices. Here are mine http://videoclimbersvariations.blogspot.com/2016/10/top-ten-tuesday-ten-characters-i-would.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gizmo would be a great name for a cat! So cute.

      Delete