Monday 1 February 2016

Sunday Post 31st January 2016

The Sunday Post STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Showcase Sunday is hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it.



Books We Got This Week:
In a Dark, Dark WoodOscar And LucindaThe Fire Sermon (The Fire Sermon, #1)
In a Dark Dark Wood by Ruth Ware: I am a sucker for any book with a character named Clare anyway, but the plot also sounds really intriguing!
Oscar and Lucinda by Peter Carey: This is one I've been meaning to read for ages so I had to grab it when I spotted it in a charity shop.
The Fire Sermon by Francesca Haig: I so nearly got this when it was first released but decided not to and I can't remember why, I still want to read it so I decided to get it.
StarbornHow Not To DisappearHarry Potter Magical Creatures Colouring Book
Starborn by Lucy Hansom: This sounds like my kind of book, definitely. And I will probably be reading it soon.
How Not to Disappear by Clare Furniss: I definitely feel like reading more contemporary books at the moment so this sounded perfect.
Harry Potter Magical Creatures Colouring Book: I very much needed this and I am very much looking forward to colouring it in.
The Sleeping Prince (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #2)Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1)We Are the Ants
The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury: I was very excited to see this and the next book in Waterstones since they aren't actually released yet and I love when that happens. Can't wait to read this!
Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton: This is one of my most anticipated releases of 2016 so to get it a few days early was somewhat exciting!
We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson: This sounds so amazing and original and I just knew I had to read it!



Reading Update:
Ann:
I have not read any books his week.

Clare:
Crooked HeartPrisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #1)Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #2)
Crooked Heart by Lissa Evans: 3 stars, I enjoyed this but it took me a while to get through. I loved Noel and liked Vee but I didn't like Donald's perspective as much. It was definitely a unique and interesting read.
Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman: 4.5 stars, A really amazing read, loved how twisted it was and the different perspective was very interesting.
Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke by Anne Blankman: 4 stars, I think I loved Prisoner of Night and Fog a little bit more but still an amazing read!



You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

10 comments:

  1. The Melinda Salisbury book has such a gorgeous cover. Unfortunately, I didn't love the first book so I don't plan to continue the series. But I hope you enjoy it!

    SP
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it. I had high hopes for it but maybe I should lower them a bit! They do have gorgeous covers though!

      Delete
  2. I got my Harry Potter Magical creatures coloring book on Saturday! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The pictures are so beautifully detailed and I love the art at the back as well! Really looking forward to getting stuck in.

      Delete
  3. Typically sad that school destroys a persons ability to enjoy the world of books. Roll on the holidays and Ann will get to read again. Meanwhile some really good options from Clare, I look forward to the reviews to help to help me choose. Really enjoying the last book you recommended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, so glad you are enjoying The Martian! Hurry up and finish it so we can watch the movie!

      Delete
  4. We poor Americans have to wait for Rebel of the Sands. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure we're supposed to wait for it here as well but Waterstones often puts books out on the shelves before released, I guess in a "the stock arrived so lets stick it up" way, which works out well for me so no complaints!

      Delete
  5. The Harry Potter coloring book = ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete