Wednesday 17 June 2015

Top Ten Books on Our Summer TBR

Top Ten Tuesdays is an original feature created by The Broke and The Bookish and you can find their page here. Below are the ten books we are most excited to read this summer. For our ten most anticipated new releases click here , and as always you can click on any of the books to get more information if you are interested in reading any of them.


Ann's Picks:



The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross: Always interested in steampunk so this should be a good read.
Icons by Margaret Stohl: Really loved the Beautiful Creatures series she co-wrote with Kami Garcia.
PathFinder by Angie Sage: Angie Sage is one of my favourite authors and the Magyk series is possibly my favourite series. Super excited for this one.
Percy Jackson series and Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan: Clare keeps pestering me to read these.
The Disappeaing Duchess by Imogen Rossi: A magic paintbrush, some mystery and Venice!
The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner: This is another favourite of Clare's she keeps pushing on me!
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini: Greek myths and forbidden love
The Pain Merchants by Janice Hardy: About a girl who has the power to heal with a touch. (Clare says: if you like this one read Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder)
Shadows by Amy Meredith: A little bit of a Buffy vibe. High school girl has to fight demons.

Clare's Picks:


The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han: I have been so intimidated by this book. I have the bind up of all three books and it is HUGE, plus everyone loves it so much it kinda scares me. But Summer seems like the perfect time to finally jump on this bandwagon!
Confess by Colleen Hoover: I loved Slammed and Point of Retreat. I liked though didn't love her other books so I am excited for this one - plus it has artwork in it. Do you know how much I wish I could say that about all books?
Openly Straight by Bill Konigsberg: About a boy who goes away to boarding school and decides to go "back into the closet" as it were. The plot of this sounds really funny and interesting and I am excited.
Me And Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews: Another one that everyone loves, the film is coming out soon and I'd love to go see it so I need to get on this one quick.
Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertali: I have head nothing but good things about this.
Ask the Passengers by A.S. King: A.S. King seems like one of those authors everyone has read, I also have and want to read Please Ignore Vera Dietz.
Far From You by Tess Sharpe: I have heard very mixed things about this. But the main character is apparently bisexual, which is enough for me to be excited (LGBT representation is getting better yes but we need more, please!?)
Illusive by Emily Lloyd Jones: I mentioned this in the anticipated releases. Superpowers = yes please.
Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell: Oh Cinderella retelling with the beautiful cover. August seems so far away.
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir: I am not sure why my cover is different from everyone elses but I am actually in love with mine (just ask Ann - when it arrived I roamed the house telling people to stroke it and look at it under the cover). I studied Ancient Rome and Greece in college so I love reading books set in them, this isn't exactly but its a fantasy world based on Rome. Which is close enough!

So Ann seems to have gone for a more varied set of books there, she has historical, fantasy, romance. Meanwhile I seem to have fallen into the "summer reading=contemporary books" cliche. We are both seriously excited for our summer reads. What books do you plan to read this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment