Wednesday 9 August 2017

Wednesday Catch-Up 9th August 2017

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next? You can click any of the images to go to the Goodreads page for that book!

Currently Reading:

Pretty Fierce#GIRLBOSS
I'm pretty close to the end of Pretty Fierce and I've found it mostly enjoyable. There are a few moments where I became frustrated with the characters' actions or just felt like something straight up didn't make sense but if you can suspend disbelief for a bit this is a fun read. I am also currently reading #Girlboss which is inspiring me a lot!! I admire Sophia Amoruso so very much (and if you haven't already seen the Netflix series definitely watch it) and I'm enjoying reading this!

Recently Finished:

The Last MagicianHuntedThe Comfort of Secrets: A Sweet Lake NovelThe Epic Crush of Genie LoThe Arsonist
I was in an almost-reading-slump this time last week and The Last Magician did a pretty good job of getting me out of it! It was a very intriguing first book in the duology although I do wish it had been a bit more original? Hunted was just as good as I had hoped and better than I had expected which was lovely - and such a good Beauty and the Beast retelling! My review for The Comfort of Secrets went up yesterday (I loved it), it was a great follow up to Sweet Lake and I genuinely love these characters so much! My review for The Epic Crush of Genie Lo also went up yesterday and it was another much loved read! And finally I read The Arsonist which was a powerful and intriguing read - my review for this will go up tomorrow!

Planning to Read Next:

Stealing CandyBeing Miss NobodyPowerless
I am hoping to read Stealing Candy next which I know very little about. I got an ARC of it at YALC because I was intrigued by the kidnapping angle but I don't know much else beyond that and I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Being Miss Nobody is a book that's been on my radar for a while and I'm really intrigued to read it. And Powerless sounds right up my alley, with superheroes (and supervillains).



You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.

4 comments:

  1. You have some tempting books here. I loved The Comfort of Secrets and #GirlBoss and I'm curious about Being Miss Nobody. Enjoy! Here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Comfort of Secrets was incredible! And I am loving #Girlboss so far! Being Miss Nobody was very emotional and affecting and I definitely recommend it.

      Delete
  2. I loved GirlBoss on Netflix and was so bummed it wasn't renewed. I think I binge watched it in an entire day earlier this year when I was sick. I'm looking forward to The Epic Crush of Genie Lo and am now headed off to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I did the exact same thing with Girlboss and I would have loved a second season!

      Delete