Friday 25 August 2017

Friday Reads 25th August 2017

Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice and Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader. The idea is to share a sentence or so from the first page and the 56th page of the book you are currently reading!

Tash Hearts Tolstoy
Book Beginning:
"Isn't it funny how something can be a joke for so long until one day it isn't."
Friday 56:
"If I don't get out of Lexington now, I'm going to be stuck here for the rest of my life. I'll make excuses for why things didn't work out and become some drunk has-been straight out of a Bruce Springsteen song." 
This post is late because, well because Taylor Swift's new song happened. And me being me I stayed up all night waiting for it. And then promptly crashed. (Worth it). 

But anyway! I am reading Tash Hearts Tolstoy at the moment and I really like it. The whole idea is excellent and the main character is already so lovable. I'm only about a third of the way through at the moment but I am so intrigued to see where this is going. Also, super wish the webseries in this was real. Because it sounds awesome. Even if I never got on well with Tolstoy. (Sorry, Tash). 

My review for last week's Friday Reads; Shifting Sands by Michael Shusko will be up tomorrow so be sure to check that out if you're interested!! 

 You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.  

5 comments:

  1. Heard really good things about this book. The story and main character sound great.

    Carmen / Carmen`s Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing how good this book is. Definitely on my watch list.

    My Friday 56 from Spiral Of Hooves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read Tolstoy but it looks interesting! And yay for the Taylor Swift song :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you enjoyed this one! I really like the excerpts you shared, especially the first one. I have seen that happen one too many times. Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete