Sunday 13 August 2017

Sunday Post 13th August 2017

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it or click the title to go to the review.

Last Week on the Blog:


Books We Got This Week:

Seeing RedSwearing Off StarsThe Girl Who Wasn't DeadBlack Bird of the Gallows
Seeing Red by Sandra Brown: Thank you to Hodder & Stoughton for sending me a copy of this book for review! I was very excited when it arrived in the post because Sandra Brown books have always been fun when I've read them in the past!
Swearing Off Stars by Danielle M. Wong: Received via Netgalley. This is an LGBTQ Historical novel which I don't see often so I basically just auto-requested it. I don't know much more about it but I am loving the cover and am excited to read it!
The Girl Who Wasn't Dead by Samantha Boyette: Received via Netgalley. This sounds like One of Us Is Lying meets Pretty Little Liars with an LGBTQ protagonist! I will be reading this very soon because I am buddy reading it with Vera @ Regal Critiques.
Black Bird of the Gallows by Meg Kassel: Received via Netgalley. This is one of those books that I wasn't that interested in but the more I hear about it and the closer it gets to release the more enticing I find it. 

Reading Update:

Clare:
The Epic Crush of Genie LoThe ArsonistPretty FierceBeing Miss Nobody
The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F.C. Yee: 4.5 stars, Really fun and exciting with some amazing characters! Full review here
The Arsonist by Stephanie Oakes: 4.5 stars, Really inspiring and emotional read - I felt like a different person having read this. Full review here
Pretty Fierce by Kieran Scott: 3.5 stars, Fun but a little ridiculous. I did like the main character a lot. Full review here.
Being Miss Nobody by Tamsin Winter: My full review for this will go up on Saturday. One of the most relatable books I think I have ever read!


Next Week on the Blog:

  • Monday Highlights #19
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Clare's (Very Late) YALC haul!
  • Friday Reads
  • Clare Reviews: Being Miss Nobody by Tamsin Winter


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading. 

10 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday! Pretty Fierce is one I'm interested in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Pretty Fierce - I'll be interested to see your thoughts!

      Delete
  2. Great post ^.^

    Check out my STS at El's Book Reviews! I truly appreciate it!

    Hope you have a great day!

    - El

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great day too! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, you got some amazing books, like Seeing Red and The Girl Who Wasn't Dead. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are two I am very excited for! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Oh I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Seeing Red! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to reading it! Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  5. Love the cover on The Arsonist! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Epic Crush sounds amazing, and I've already seen it praised a lot :)

    ReplyDelete