Sunday 27 August 2017

Sunday Post 27th August 2017

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it or click the title to go to the review.

Last Week on the Blog:


Books We Got This Week:

The Hanging GirlMirror, Mirror27 Hours (The Nightside Saga, #1)
The Hanging Girl by Eileen Cook: I was approved for this on Netgalley. I've been hearing a lot about it lately and it looks like an amazing Halloween read which is perfect because I am planning to dedicate October to Halloween. 
Mirror Mirror by Cara Delevigne: Cara is someone I am a huge fan of so of course when I heard she had written a book I leaped at the chance to read it. I got this via Netgalley. 
27 Hours by Tristina Wright: This is one of my most anticipated reads of the entire year - and OMG that cover. So I was excited to get this on Netgalley. 
Blackbird by N.D. Gomes: Received via Netgalley. I know very little about this actually, but what I've heard has been good so I am excited to read it, hopefully soon!
The DisappearancesA Map for Wrecked GirlsWicked Like a Wildfire (Hibiscus Daughter, #1)The Hearts We Sold
The Disappearances by Emily Bain Murphy: I ordered this after reading Vera's review for it over at Regal Critiques. It's been on my wishlist for a while but she just convinced me that I NEEDED to read this book.
A Map for Wrecked Girls by Jessica Taylor: Because sisters. Also island survival which is one of my favourite things. To read about. Not to do. I would be the worst at actual survival. 
Wicked Like a Wildfire by Lana Popovic: Maybe one of my favourite covers of the entire year. The colours, and the typography and the beauty!! Its also one of those velvet feel covers so I've basically been stroking it and staring at it since it arrived. 
The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones: This is a book that looks even better in person. And the idea sounds intriguing and exciting so I can't wait to read it!

Reading Update:

Clare:
Shifting Sands: Tradecraft: Phase One
Shifting Sands by Michael Shusko: 4 stars, This was an exciting and engaging military thriller although I didn't like the romance the other relationships are intriguing. My review for this is now up and you can check it out here if you'd like to know more of my thoughts!


Next Week on the Blog:

  • Monday Highlights #21
  • September Releases to Get Excited About!!
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Clare's August Wrap Up and September TBR
  • Friday Reads
  • Ann's August Wrap Up and September TBR



You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading. 

7 comments:

  1. Happy weekend! Mirror Mirror (Cara delavinge? Woot) and 27 Hours are on my list too. And hope you like Wrecked Girls- the island thing is pretty fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that cover indeed! 27 hours is scifi, right? I've been craving some good scifi lately, The Punch Escrow was great, but it wasn't space scifi... I just want some good space stuff now!
    Have a great reading week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blackbird definitely caught my eye. Great cover, and such a mysterious vibe to it.

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, what a great selection of books! I've read The Hearts We Sold - it is awesome. I have Wicked like a Wildfire but have not read it. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, ladies. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every single book you shared looks fabulous. Good thing my book budget rolls over this week! Happy reading.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't usually read YA, but The Hanging Girl sounds really interesting. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you love all of your new goodies.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete