Wednesday 23 August 2017

Wednesday Catch-Up 23rd August 2017

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next? You can click any of the images to go to the Goodreads page for that book!

Currently Reading:

Tash Hearts TolstoyInvictus
I am a few chapters in to Tash Hearts Tolstoy and am currently really liking it. The MC has a great voice and the side characters are interesting. We haven't really reached the main story yet but I am hoping to have more chances to read. I am also reading Invictus which is an ARC I got at YALC and am really excited about. 

Recently Finished:

A Beautiful PoisonWantedShifting Sands: Tradecraft: Phase One
A Beautiful Poison was a darker mystery than I was expecting but it was so, so engaging. I finished it in one sitting and was just totally fascinated by the story and the characters. There are a few things that could have been better but overall I enjoyed it. Wanted was a disappointment however, I felt no connection to any of the characters and was just bored by the storyline. I still think this is a great series idea and I might read the third book when it comes out. And Shifting Sands was engaging and exciting, the characters were flawed but likable and the story line was realistic but non-stop. I really enjoyed this.

Planning to Read Next:

Water in MayAbout a Dog (A Bluff Point Romance #1)Magic of Blood and Sea (The Assassin's Curse, #1-2)
Water in May is one I know very little about but I've heard good things so I am excited to read this next. Then I will be reading About a Dog which looks cute and romantic and hey, has a dog in it so what isn't there to love? And then I really, really want to read Magic of Blood and Sea because it has pirates and assassins and there's just no way I could be less than extremely excited for that combination!


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare), Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what we are reading.

2 comments:

  1. Invictus has me curious and I'll be watching the reviews of that one, and Magic of Blood and Sea looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tash Hearts Tolstoy looks interesting. I hope you enjoy your reading week, and here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete